“Lying Staff” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
DC
“Lying Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

I'm in the Military and was on TDY to Ft Polk. I flew into Alexandria and discovered that the airlines had lost my luggage. I had to stay in Alexandria to retrieve my bags later that night so I found the Hampton nearby.

I inquired at the front desk as to what the military per diem rate is and was quoted at $95/ night. Having stayed with the Hilton Family before, I never questioned the rate.

Upon returning to home station I find out that the actual military per diem rate is only $70/ night. So I figured that a call to the hotel would fix the problem. After several phone calls to the hotel staff, manager, and Hilton Family, I am still not satisfied with the answer I received, "we apologize, but there is nothing we can do".

The front desk staff deliberately lied to my face and the Hilton Family is not willing to settle this matter. I DO NOT recommend that any Military Service Men and Women stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Outstanding Service, Thank you Ms. Courtney Clarke and Ms. Nikki Lacour you made our stay fantastic (see again in July 2009). The room was very clean and nicely decorated with contemporary furniture and high speed internet. The beds were ... Very comfortable and the room was quiet, the coffee was always fresh we also enjoyed fitness center and the safety of the location compared to any hotel on or near macarthur drive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Alexandria la., IT WAS A PLEASURE BEING GREETED BY SUCH BEAUTIFUL SMILING FACES THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Dallas-Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

spotted the "phone bank" of hotels in the baggage claim area (AEX) and called the number to advise of my arrival and need for airport pickup. The clerk said she would be happy to call a cab for me. I didn't realize the hotel didn't offer an airport shuttle which is customary for airport area hotels. Cab fare is 12.00 each way! Now I know. The LaQuinta, right next door to this property, has a courtesy van. Stupid me for booking Hampton.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for one night for a wedding in town. The hotel is located very close to the Alexandria Airport (5 mins), Oak Wing Golf Course (5 mins) and other nice areas of town. It's also conveniently located off a major freeway to get into downtown Alexandria (10 mins).

Nearby (<0.5 miles) places to eat include Burger King, Cracker Barrel and McDonalds). There are also two gas stations on the same street as the hotel.

Check-in was seamless with no problems. We were provided a code for free wi-fi which was a nice added feature. The rooms and bathroom are spacious and clean. Overall, this appears to be a new hotel and therefore the rooms and overall hotel are clean and in good condition. For the value, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in town.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Denham Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

This Hampton Inn in Alexandria, La is relatively new, so most everything is still in good shape. Carpet, walls, bathroom, etc. are in good condition. Everything was clean & in order. The bed was very comfy as well. The breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn continental breakfast. The only negative I can say about this hotel is the location. There is really around this hotel restaurant wise except for a Cracker Barrel and a couple of fast food restaurants. But overall it is a very good stay.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

I stayed for one night for business. It has a great location in proximity to the airport but wasn't too noisy. The rooms and beds were very nice and consistent for Hampton Inns. The breakfast was free with both hot and cold items, free paper, and free internet access. The Hampton Inn is a good value hotel with clean rooms and great amenities. My only complaints were that my door stuck and was hard to close and I had some trouble getting the AC adjusted to the right temperature but otherwise a very pleasant stay. I would certainly stay here again.

• Liked — Comfy beds!
  • Disliked — Temperature of room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!