“Good place to stay, would consider again.” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early & Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Alexandria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good place to stay, would consider again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Hampton Inn is overall a good place to stay. Rooms are comfy and clean. Liked having Directv and many options. Breakfast is very nice and there is even a managers reception where there is free wine and beer. My only complaint is my check in. The young African-American female that checked me in needs to have a lesson on customer service and how to be polite. I asked her if there were any rooms on the third or fourth floor (being I was on the first) and she told me, "Sir, if I could have placed you there don't you think I would have." Needless to say, she was just rude and has no customer service skills. Everyone else I came in contact with was extremely nice. Except for the front desk clerk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Royse City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was in Alexandria for corporate meetings and stayed at the Hampton Inn. The room was nice, like a typical Hampton Inn. The exercise room equipment was nice and they had healthy breakfast options. The staff was helpful and friendly. Good choice if staying in Alexandria.

Room Tip: Studio suite is a good option if staying a few days.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My stay at the Alexandria Hampton was exceptional. Even thou there were several softball teams at the same location the staff was outstanding, they never missed an opportunity to ensure we were all taking care. I was a part of a family reunion package of at least 20 people

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Monticello, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great set up in rooms, not the usual hotel layout. Our bed faced the window instead of it being sideways to it. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. The bathroom had a nice little cabinet behind the door convenient to store toiletries.

• Stayed May 2013
Papeete, French Polynesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Since we started our road trip a week ago, we thought Hampton Inn standards and rates were quite stable......well, we were wrong in this case
Why? 1/ Rate was much higher (we did not know that Alexandria, Louisiana was so trendy 2/ Youngs adults had a cake battle in the elevator and hall at 11:00 PM, causing trouble for people on our floor (cake bits everywhere on the floor and embedded on our doorjamb)....we would have expected at least a little word of excuse from the management, but no, nothing as if nothing happened 3/The TRAIN woke us up at sunrise (arrrrrrgh!@&*!!!!!!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stan C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.

Stan C.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was the first nights stay on statewide rounds and the first time staying at this particular hotel. While previous reviews mentioned hearing the train throughout the night, I only heard it once in the afternoon. I was a little concerned, as I am not a heavy sleeper. I had no problems and, actually had one of my best nights sleep in weeks. The room is standard Hampton quality. Clean and typical in size and amenities. The gym was very nice and all the equipment worked well.
I was slightly disappointed in the manager's reception. This has become more common with Hampton Inn. They offered a good selection of Alcohol and non alcohol beverages, but the food was a party mix... My only other disappointment was with the pool. I realize that it is early in the season, but it was FULL of grass. If this was the grounds crew that did it, it was simply unacceptable. To be fair, I did not notify them of this, although I know the manager walked outside while we were in the pool.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely! These are merely areas that I believe could improve a very good stay into an excellent one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hampton Inn in Alexandria, Louisiana provided excellent service during a recent business trip. Friendly staff, a good Hampton breakfast and new, clean hotel. Overall, one of the better Hampton Inns in the chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!