“Great Hotel for Conferences and Group Events” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center

You added BEST WESTERN of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center
2720 West Mac Arthur Drive, Alexandria, LA 71303   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Alexandria
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel for Conferences and Group Events”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Our family chose the Best Western Inn-Suites in Alexandria as the headquarters for our family reunion several weeks ago. The hotel is ideally located next door to a restaurant and a family diner and shopping areas are a short drive away. We had a lovely stay. The rooms were clean and attractive, and importantly the air-conditioners worked well and didn't leave our rooms smelly musty or moldy, which is important in Louisiana during the summer. We started planning our stay with Best Western in late December and so there were no surprises when got there in July. Also, I flew in from the Northeast in April to inspect the property and look at the meeting rooms. I will say that the hotel does a very good job of accommodating mid-size to large groups. (I noticed several conventions and large groups, from Baptist associations to baseball teams, using the property when I was there in April and in July.) The sales manager answered my emails and returned telephone calls promptly and, importantly, she (Lori) understood the hospitality industry & how to do business: the customer is always right, even when they're wrong. She was accommodating, infinitely patient, and helpful. And, when we met in person, I found her very friendly and easy to work with. She and I used her office, as well as the meeting room that our family would use, to test the projector for the slide show . Likewise, the caterer for our event was equally accommodating and courteous; one family member had special dining needs and was accommodated as she requested: by having her dinner sent to her room early. His assistant also phoned me to confirm the menu for the banquet a week in advance, and on the night of the banquet, she moved between our event and a large wedding party held in the ballroom elsewhere on the property. Also, the housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful. They went through the garbage to locate "meds" that were tossed away accidentally, and the manager in Housekeeping located my Mac power cord which I'd left behind and didn't realize until 5 days later. Importantly, our family enjoyed their stay. When we were not engaged in activity or in our rooms, older family members used the atrium as a central meeting place, others of us headed to the exercise room, and the children and college-aged kids enjoyed the swimming pools (indoor and outdoor) and hot tub. There was something for everyone. If our family holds another reunion in Alexandria, Louisiana, we will certainly return to the Best Western Inn-Suites and Conference Center.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Moving to Fl from Las Vegas had to stay in Alexandria one night and chose this hotel for the fair rate; when we got to the room, going thru the dirty & stinking corridors, there was a naked guy in the assigned room. went back to the lobby, cancelled the reservation & were out of there as quick as we could.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Having traveled for the US Govt for over 25 years, this is, BAR NONE, the worst room I've ever had. Maybe it was the "cheap govt rate" room but absolutely horrible. Best Western should remove this hotel from their registry. Don't be fooled by the AAA rating sign in the lobby - it wasn't based on the room I had. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

We spent one night - room was clean and quiet. We had our dog with us so choices are limited. For the price ($80) it was fine. The TV did not work, but the janitor responded quickly, reprogrammed the TV, and explained the problem. We received good information on where to eat.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

Jan 2009 marks our last stay at the Best Western in Alexandria, LA. We made the mistake of taking a room someone else was giving up and ended up in smoking room for 3 nights. We used a full bottle of Febreze in the 3 nights we were there and we never could get rid of the smoking smell...I went home with a terrible sinus infection...miserable!! We stayed in this hotel in 2005 right after Katrina survivors left and it was a dump...by 2007 it had gotten much better. Skip to 2009 and they have added new bedding that is very nice, but the carpet is still from before 2005 and it's filthy! I felt dirty the whole time I was in that room...not to mention the old sink and old tub that's just gross! We've always stayed there every year because of the suites...but as we drove out of town this year, we promised ourselves we would not go back.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Saint Francisville, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

At the end of a very long journey from Washington state to Louisiana. The most outstanding aspect of this hotel was the friendly down-home staff. I couldn't find parking for our moving truck once we checked in, so we parked along the back of the adjacent restuarant which was also owned by the hotel. The older gentleman hanging out with the desk clerk assured us it would be safe. They offered us a later check-out time since we had arrived so late. The room wasn't exceptionally spick and span, though the fixtures were all very new. It was extremely quiet - which I will take over any other aspect, any time!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
NW Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

We have just returned from a weekend at the Best Western. The hotel is very nice. They're in the middle of a renovation that is looking awesome. The staff was friendly and helpful. Based on the reviews I read, I decided to only stay Sat. night instead of Fri & Sat. Wish now that I had not listened to the naysayers. The bad reviews were unfounded as far as I'm concerned. Maybe they don't know the difference between musty and humid. Louisiana is a hot and humid place - turn on the AC when you get there and the humidity will be knocked out in no time. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable. The only complaint that I had was housekeeping forgot to leave a trash can in our room. Minor inconvenience that was easily fixed with a call to the front desk.

I was in a 2nd story balcony room overlooking the pool. When a large group of kids (50 or so from a soccer tournament I think) descended upon the pool, it was quite noisy but the pool hours were adhered to and there were no issues with noisy kids interrupting my sleep. I will definitely request the same room # 249 for next years' event. It was nice overlooking the pool, convenient to parking and very close to the ballroom.

Several nearby (within walking distance) restaurants and a nice Chinese / Sushi place within a very short (1/2 mile) drive.

I was there for a dance event and the ballroom was very nice.
The event rate of $ 76 was very reasonable for this hotel.

• Liked — Clean room, comfy bed.
  • Disliked — Missing trash can
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center? Share your experiences!