“Very nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 20 hotels in Alexandria
Pineville, Louisiana
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Upon entering the staff was very nice the place is very eye catching and smells really good coming in which is very pleasing. The lobby and breakfast area is very clean. Once getting to our room there was a little bit of an issue with the door that took us a few minutes to get in. We had rented the suite with a jacuzzi tub. The room was very nice and everything was in working order. The only complaint we had was that the floor/ceiling creaks above you extremely bad so every time someone walks in the room above its very loud we had trouble falling asleep and then we were woken at 5am to them walking around again and at $200 a night I'd like to sleep some.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep don't get room 100 though it was a very nice room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I mean its a Holiday Inn Express in the Alexandria, Louisiana. Its not the Four Seasons. That being said, the staff is always super friendly, you get a free hot breakfast buffet that isn't bad, and the property and rooms are clean and functional. Even has a very basic gym. The elevator, though, is slow as molasses. Anyway, not really a plethora of other options in Alexandria.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Glen M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
IHGCare
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here one night. We were on the 1st floor and had a hard time sleeping because you could hear the room above you everytime someone walked across it. Our room seemed to be clean except for the mold around the window. Also the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom. Not quite what we expected for the price and how new the hotel was. I have to say that the desk clerk was very friendly and made us feel welcome.
Breakfast wasn't very tasty either. Eggs were the powdered kind and the sausage had a funny taste. The coffee was good though. The fresh baked cookies were a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear suzyqtx,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing feedback. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our friendly front desk staff as we pride our selves on excellent customer service. I am sorry to hear the rest of your stay was not as pleasant. I apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort brought about by the noise from our other guest, condition of the bathroom wallpaper and breakfast you received. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Zelyn N
IHG Care
Sweet South
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed one week at this HIE due to an out of town death in the family. It was a sad event to have to travel for, but the staff were very attentive and that helped greatly. Every time we left in the morning or came back in the evening, we were greeted with friendly staff at the front desk. They made a point to ask us how our day was. When I couldn't get the washing machine to work on the third floor one day, maintenance came immediately and even came back to the room to tell me to try it after he fixed it so he could make sure it was okay before he left the floor. Housekeeping was very friendly and quick to respond to towel and cleaning requests. I did feel like the price was a little high for the area, but I have no complaints about service whatsoever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Walterene L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your response. We hope to see you on your next trip to our area.
Lecompte, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I must say that my stay at the hotel was very lovely. As soon as me and my husband came in we were greeted by dodie and leillani immediately. there were fresh cookies upon arrival and even though the hotel stay sold out that monday they went out of their ways to find us another hotel (comfort Inn) for the night. At first we thought the comfort inn wasn't gonna be as plesant but ended up being highly beautiful. The only thing that the hotel needs to change is the manager that came around the corner with the nasty attitude telling them that only one person needs to help the guest and the other could be doing something else. Obviously one of the women had to be new because she had to keep asking the other person for directions. Other than that our stay was very enjoyable and we will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Elysian Fields, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed there for the first time and I found it pretty typical of HIEX. No problems, clean, great beds and very nice staff! I glanced at the other reviews and I have a frown on my face. I do not recall any of these "problems" in my stay there. In fact, I can not think of any negatives. I will say that the price I paid was for certian on the high end for HIEX but, well, I can live with that.

I would not say this place was ok if it were not. I have stayed at 70+ different Holiday Inns this year- some better, some much worse- but overall, it has all the great things I like about HIEX. No worries.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

This is the very first review I have ever felt compelled to write. So disappointing for a Holiday Inn. In addition to being the most unclean hotel we have ever frequented, we cut our two night stay to one after being unable to sleep due to a lack of sound barriers in ceilings, walls, floors plus the added aggravation of uncourteous people allowing their children to run and scream down the halls at all hours of the day and night. My immediate reaction was to duck and run each time the a/c unit kicked on as it sounded like two consecutive gun shots. The only positive would be the fact that I used the opportunity to further teach my daughter the importance of common courtesies.

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear kdbec,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
IHGCare
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!