“I wouldn't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Alexandria
Lathrop, Missouri, United States
“I wouldn't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel was quite scary and out-dated. The walls were all banged up and had paint chipped. There were spit sunflower seeds in the air conditioner in our room. The rooms are so small that one of the beds was literally right next to (they were touching) the A/C. No bathtub, which is hard w/a little one. THe courtyard area was littered with glass. Clientele was sketchy. We WON"T be gong back there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I am visiting US with my partner and it is more than one week we travel over the US by car, stopping in different cities. Often sleeping in Motel 6.
Have to say this motel, comparing to other M6s is:
- cheapest during our stay
- in most terrible condition in the rooms with stains on walls carpets and old beds and linings
- has no free wifi internet
- has no fridge

We have requested non smoking room, unfortunatelly we went to the room and it was full of smoke smell. We asked front desk lady to chenge the room what she did... We got another skoning room! Third round.... Succseeded....
Have to say It has lower standard than other motels in the chain.

Stayed April 2012
Florida and Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We usually stop at Motel 6 because of their free pets policy and because they still have the walk in showers in some of their places. They are going to tubs which is a mistake for us because we have mobility problems. Anyway, we were assigned to room 106, right next to the office. It looked good, we moved in. Sat on one bed but not the other. Went to go to sleep in the second bed and it collapsed. There were no legs on the side of the bed away from the wall. So in my jammies I went to the office and got another room assigned. This time I drove around to the room and it was a complete mess, with a boarded up window and totally torn up. Went back to the office. The third time was a charm, room was OK, though we could not park right in front. Rest of the stay was OK. The front desk needs to know which rooms are not rentable. The first room was made up, looked perfect until we tried to get into the bed.

Room Tip: Always check out everything in the room before you move in. In this motel the location of the room...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kings Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We have stayed in some pretty nasty and shady hotels and this one is one of the worst. The carpet looked like there were puddles of dried blood on it, the blankets were so old and nasty, I opted to sleep under my dogs blanket that has been in the back seat of my car for two weeks. Covered in dog hair was the better option. The rooms barely fit the two FULL size beds and my dogs bed on the floor. The bathroom was filthy. The walls are so thin, it sounds ike the guests two doors down are in your room. This hotel should be torn down. The only nice thing, the wonderful front desk staff at both check in and check out. They should be at more upscale places.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

I had stayed here in years past. Last year they were full when I pulled in late, so I went down the street to the Super 8. Kinda wish I had given my business to the Super 8 again. The woman at the front desk this time at the Motel 6 was nice, fast, and answered my questions. I got a close parking spot to my room. Everything worked fine. Not sure why there was an ashtray in a non-smoking room. My biggest complaint? The long, black hairs on 2 of the 4 towels (not mine, I'm blond) and the pet hair on the pillow cases, remote, tables, etc. I just wish a little more care was taken with vaccumming and the towels/linens.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

All I have to say if they have cock roaches and I show it to the Manager.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Vidor, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

I had to go for valentines day... I was looking for the cheapest way out, and knowing little about the area then, I am glad I stayed with Tom...lol.

I read a lot of bad reviews about the place, and was frankly concerned. !But it was cheap!

Anyways; I checked in and I was honestly amazed... It was really quite a cozy little room. Sure the walls were a little thin, but as long as no one was sceaming, I couldnt here anything from the next rooms. And as far as Im concerned, that is never the Hotels problem. Fact is... As I read all of those reviews since Ive been home, I truely believe that 90% of the bad reviews are from the types of people who travel with that chip on their shoulders. We all know the types... They think that because theyre traveling that they are supposed to be important, and heaven forbid that someone care about anything but what they expect. To all those with those proverbial chips on their shoulders, I shout this:

Its Motel 6 for Christs sake, you didnt pay for the Ritz!

To all who are truely concerned about getting the best value for their bucks, and who dont have a million dollars to spend, I highly reccomend this motel. Pet owners, they are pet friendly! If you will have small children, I do suggest you request a room in a lesser populated area.(In all honesty, the walls are thin, and it is a motel...lol)

If you encounter any problems with your stay, I suggest you notify the front desk... If you treat them the way you want to be treated, they are very curteous and quick to task.

As for my name; When I requested a wake-up call, Tom Bodad woke me up the next morning, telling me that I just won Ten Million Dollars.... To excited to care, I sprung to my feet and started dancing.... All day I wondered if I heard that correctly... The next morning, however I payed attention to the rest... He said; ...Just kidding! But it is time to get up. Thanks for staying -.... BLAH!...BLAH!...BLAH!!!

Oh yeah!...lol... There was a big hole in the courtyard. It had a concrete linning and vaguely reminded me of a swimming pool, but I dont suggest bringing you trunks.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo