“Cheap but under standard of M6” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   546 MacArthur Drive, Alexandria, LA 71301   |
Ranked #19 of 20 hotels in Alexandria
Prague, Czech Republic
“Cheap but under standard of M6”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I am visiting US with my partner and it is more than one week we travel over the US by car, stopping in different cities. Often sleeping in Motel 6.
Have to say this motel, comparing to other M6s is:
- cheapest during our stay
- in most terrible condition in the rooms with stains on walls carpets and old beds and linings
- has no free wifi internet
- has no fridge

We have requested non smoking room, unfortunatelly we went to the room and it was full of smoke smell. We asked front desk lady to chenge the room what she did... We got another skoning room! Third round.... Succseeded....
Have to say It has lower standard than other motels in the chain.

Stayed April 2012

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Florida and Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We usually stop at Motel 6 because of their free pets policy and because they still have the walk in showers in some of their places. They are going to tubs which is a mistake for us because we have mobility problems. Anyway, we were assigned to room 106, right next to the office. It looked good, we moved in. Sat on one bed but not the other. Went to go to sleep in the second bed and it collapsed. There were no legs on the side of the bed away from the wall. So in my jammies I went to the office and got another room assigned. This time I drove around to the room and it was a complete mess, with a boarded up window and totally torn up. Went back to the office. The third time was a charm, room was OK, though we could not park right in front. Rest of the stay was OK. The front desk needs to know which rooms are not rentable. The first room was made up, looked perfect until we tried to get into the bed.

Room Tip: Always check out everything in the room before you move in. In this motel the location of the room...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kings Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We have stayed in some pretty nasty and shady hotels and this one is one of the worst. The carpet looked like there were puddles of dried blood on it, the blankets were so old and nasty, I opted to sleep under my dogs blanket that has been in the back seat of my car for two weeks. Covered in dog hair was the better option. The rooms barely fit the two FULL size beds and my dogs bed on the floor. The bathroom was filthy. The walls are so thin, it sounds ike the guests two doors down are in your room. This hotel should be torn down. The only nice thing, the wonderful front desk staff at both check in and check out. They should be at more upscale places.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

I had stayed here in years past. Last year they were full when I pulled in late, so I went down the street to the Super 8. Kinda wish I had given my business to the Super 8 again. The woman at the front desk this time at the Motel 6 was nice, fast, and answered my questions. I got a close parking spot to my room. Everything worked fine. Not sure why there was an ashtray in a non-smoking room. My biggest complaint? The long, black hairs on 2 of the 4 towels (not mine, I'm blond) and the pet hair on the pillow cases, remote, tables, etc. I just wish a little more care was taken with vaccumming and the towels/linens.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

All I have to say if they have cock roaches and I show it to the Manager.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Vidor, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

I had to go for valentines day... I was looking for the cheapest way out, and knowing little about the area then, I am glad I stayed with Tom...lol.

I read a lot of bad reviews about the place, and was frankly concerned. !But it was cheap!

Anyways; I checked in and I was honestly amazed... It was really quite a cozy little room. Sure the walls were a little thin, but as long as no one was sceaming, I couldnt here anything from the next rooms. And as far as Im concerned, that is never the Hotels problem. Fact is... As I read all of those reviews since Ive been home, I truely believe that 90% of the bad reviews are from the types of people who travel with that chip on their shoulders. We all know the types... They think that because theyre traveling that they are supposed to be important, and heaven forbid that someone care about anything but what they expect. To all those with those proverbial chips on their shoulders, I shout this:

Its Motel 6 for Christs sake, you didnt pay for the Ritz!

To all who are truely concerned about getting the best value for their bucks, and who dont have a million dollars to spend, I highly reccomend this motel. Pet owners, they are pet friendly! If you will have small children, I do suggest you request a room in a lesser populated area.(In all honesty, the walls are thin, and it is a motel...lol)

If you encounter any problems with your stay, I suggest you notify the front desk... If you treat them the way you want to be treated, they are very curteous and quick to task.

As for my name; When I requested a wake-up call, Tom Bodad woke me up the next morning, telling me that I just won Ten Million Dollars.... To excited to care, I sprung to my feet and started dancing.... All day I wondered if I heard that correctly... The next morning, however I payed attention to the rest... He said; ...Just kidding! But it is time to get up. Thanks for staying -.... BLAH!...BLAH!...BLAH!!!

Oh yeah!...lol... There was a big hole in the courtyard. It had a concrete linning and vaguely reminded me of a swimming pool, but I dont suggest bringing you trunks.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Southern, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this motel overnight, only, because both of us were so tired we had to find a place to stay. We didn't intend on staying at a motel, so we had to find a cheap place to stay.

It isn't a fancy motel if that's what you're looking for. It cost 52 something, so I knew we were going to get what we paid for.

Our room was upstairs facing the swimming pool and front office. I noticed on the way to our room they were cleaning the rooms that morning.

We had a little bit of trouble trying to get the key card to unlock our door on the first try. I figured it out and never had a issue with it again. You've got to slide it in, take it out, and turn the handle to open the door. You've got to sort of do it at a fast pace. You cannot leave the key card in and expect the door to open. When closing the door from the outside was another story. Not unless we couldn't figure out a better way of doing it. We had to turn the handle on the inside, hold it in place, grab the handle on the outside while still holding onto the handle inside, once we got the outside handle turned, we let go of the inside handle, then we closed the door and let go of the handle. Otherwise, our door wouldn't shut. Sounds too complicated, huh? lol

Our room was clean, but small. Our bed was against a wall. I cannot stand that. I didn't care though. After all, we just stayed overnight. The bed was too soft. I've got back problems. A very soft bed and I don't get along very well. UGH. Thank goodness for over the counter pain meds I had taken with me.

The cutains etc were outdated. They looked okay, although, our curtains had tiny holes you could barely see, but nothing to keep you curious if somebody could see in from the outside. At least it didn't make me feel that way. I estimate about 15 to 20 holes about as small as this zero > 0 was all over it. It allowed a little bit of light at night on the wall our bed was against. Not enough to keep you awake at night though. It sort of looked like stars on the wall. lol

Our bathroom had just a shower for those of you that prefer a hot bath. I cannot say if all rooms have just a shower. I assume they're all that way. I didn't ask. The water was HOT! So, they've got hot water. Nothing like hot water.

Around 8 or 9 p.m. my husband and I went to a store about a block or so from the motel. When we returned and got out of our car, a man approached us and asked if we'd like to buy some crawfish. I've got no clue where the crawfish was he was trying to sell. If any. I assume it was behind where we parked, because he had pointed in that direction. Where it was hardly lit by lights at night. I kept walking indicating to my husband to tell him no. Once we got in our room I said, he may have been trying to sell crawfish, then again he may have been talking about something else in another term we haven't heard yet. lol Either that or he was up to no good.

The location was so so and I've got a pretty good judgement about my surroundings. I wouldn't get caught roaming alone at night at this place or without somebody watching me.

Stayed March 2008

Been to Motel 6 Alexandria? Share your experiences!