We checked in and checked out in about 5 minutes. I called and reserved the room for 3 adults and 1 baby age 5 months, for a non smoking room, handicap. When I spoke to the lady on the phone she was very friendly and i thought she understood what I needed. I had told her that my husband and I had stay there several times prior to his death in 2009 and enjoyed our stays. Upon our arrival my daughter went inside to check us in, she was told that the room was reserved for only 1 person and if he wanted to he could refuse our reservation. I don't know what happened with the reserveration mistake. The room was at the back of the motel away from the parking area. The only enterance was to walk though a slanted, drainage area to get to the rear entrance, diffently not an area for a handicap person with back and knee problems and having to use a cane. A very friendly security guard came up to us, I told him about the problems we ere experiencing. My daughter was ahead of me, when she got to the door of what was to be our room, she found a do not disturb sign on the door. She walked back to the security guard and I, to tell us about the sign. The security guard went to the door knocked, then entered the door, then said that housecleaning must have forgotten to remove the sign. We went into the room, my granddaughter pulled the comforter back to lay the baby down to change him. On the white underneath side was a glob of long dark human hair. The pillows (?) were worn out. When I sat down of the second bed (?) to rest from my walk, I discovered the bed (?) was in the same shape as the pillows (?). The room had and unclean odor, and stale cigarette odor, even though I was told it was a non smoking building. I told my daughter and granddaughter to give me a few minutes to rest and then I would walk down the hallway seperating the rooms, up to the office and check us out. I did not realize I could not reach the office without going outside and around to the office. I met the security guard again and he asked if he could help me. I told him I was on my way to check out. Needless to say, by the time I got there I was hurting pretty bad, then I had to stand there while the only attendant finished taking a phone reservation. I asked to speak to the manager and was told the name on the broad was the daytime manager and there wasn't a manager there. My daughter came in the door about that time to make sure that I was able to get to the office and wasn't having a problem. She told me she and her daughter just about had everything back in the van and she would bring it to the front, for me not to try to go back to the room. The clerk had told me that was the only room available, so he issued me a refund and we went to another motel. I was very sadden and disappointed to see the condition of the motel. Needless to say I will not be staying there on my future visits to my family and I will not advise anyone to stay at this Super 8 motel.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
June 11, 2013
I am so sorry you had a problem.I have addressed all the issues that you talked about. What can I do to make it better for you. I appreciate your comments and concerns, we take them very seriously. if I can be of more assistance please feel free to call me.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.