“Great location, decent rooms, nice front desk staff, great price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Alexandria

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Alexandria to your Saves list
Super 8 Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   700 MacArthur Drive, MacArthur Dr & I-49, Alexandria, LA 71301   |
Ranked #13 of 20 hotels in Alexandria
Louisiana
“Great location, decent rooms, nice front desk staff, great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2004

What a great rate! Any problems that we had can be cured by the price!
We almost didn't stay there because they only had smoking rooms available. However, we were assured that they didn't smell like smoke.
The lady checking us in noticed that my husband had an Army t-shirt on and asked us if we were military. We told her we were and she said that the owner gives a 25% military discount. Thank you to business owners like this that recognize and support our troops! This made our room price go below $40, even after tax! Thanks also to the staff which brought the discount to our attention!

The hotel itself looked fine. It was next door to a convenience station and Ramada Limited. The intersection of LA 28 was nearby, and the other direction, the Alexandria "loop" was not far, which made the hotel in a GREAT location for us. There were lots of stores and restaurants nearby and everything was easy access.

The room did have a musty smell (from the smokers), but it wasn't bad.
It was clean. The A/C & heat had a loud noice and also had a musty smell, but it wasn't too bad. I'm sensitive to smoke and it didn't bother me that much. I knew it would smell a little from the smoke. The bed was comfortable enough. I loved the pillows. The bathroom was clean, but the floor could have been rinsed another time (slightly sticky). We had a balcony, also, but not all rooms did.

Since the price & location was so good, we even decided to stay an extra half day (another night, technically). I would recommend this hotel, especially to those with Military ID's. I would have rated the hotel a 3 star, but the great value for the money (i.e. cheap price) caused me to bump it up to a 4 star.

• Stayed January 2004, traveled on business

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)

Been to Super 8 Alexandria? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Alexandria

Address: 700 MacArthur Drive, MacArthur Dr & I-49, Alexandria, LA 71301
Location: United States > Louisiana > Alexandria
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #13 of 20 hotels in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Alexandria 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Super 8 Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Alexandria
Alexandria Super 8
Alexandria Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Alexandria, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.