“Inexpensive, reasonably well kept, good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Alexandria

You added Super 8 Alexandria to your Saves list
Super 8 Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   700 MacArthur Drive, MacArthur Dr & I-49, Alexandria, LA 71301   |
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Alexandria
New Mexico
“Inexpensive, reasonably well kept, good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Not the best appointed motel, but a good value. The owners seem to be taking care of this property, and it's in a good location if you're interested in visiting Alexandria, LA. Our room had both an entrance and exit door, both of which were outside doors. This was a security drawback, although nothing untoward happened. OK for the $$.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
s8macarthur, Manager at Super 8 Alexandria, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are working very hard to make our property as great as we can make it. We do appreciate you staying with us. Please come again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

After traveling over 8000 miles, it was excellent to find a hotel where the person at the front desk meet you with a smile. I felt welcome from the time I walked in the door. Karen Cash was the first person that I meet and my whole family talked about how perky she was about meeting her guest and giving us a room. I could tell that this was not a fake greeting this greeting was honest. No one could possible fake a welcome like this. I must say even the other employees went about there business with grateful hearts. If ever you are in the Alexandria Louisiana, I would most definite suggest that you spend your time at Super 8 Alexandria. When my family and I return from Texas, we are going to call ahead to reserve us a room. I want to thank Karen and her team for making our stay such a blessing.

Karen, thanks from Nancy and her family visiting our local families as we have traveled from the Middle East to stay at your hotel. It was GOD who placed us to stay with you. Again, thanks for a job well done from the beding to the breakfast. Super 8 has our vote.

See you next time around.

Room Tip: My family and I lived in room 120.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
s8macarthur, Manager at Super 8 Alexandria, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you very much for staying with us. Our employees are very good at trying to make our guests feel welcome. I hope you stay with us again. Thank you very much for your business
Villa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The hotel was very clean, and the people were outstanding in the area. The hotel room was larger than most Super 8's and very nice. Well worth the money, and I will certainly stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
s8macarthur, General Manager at Super 8 Alexandria, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice comments. Hope to see you again soon
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

This is the 4th hotel in the Alexandria area I have stayed in and I would put it at the best of the cheapest. It's certainly not a 4 star establishment, not dirty but worn. As far as a good, cheap place to lay down for a night I have no complaints (which is not something I can say about other places in the area). Again you're if you're expecting top of the line accommodations you need to spend more $, but for the price I was satisfied.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for nice comments. Hope to see you again soon.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

The room, and the hallways, smelled from musty pets.
There weren't enough electrical outlets in the room.
The room seemed very dated.
Even though we had a room for 3 people, there were only two sets of towels in the room.
The breakfast promised waffles, pancakes, or french toast, but we had to ask to get that.
The free internet worked well.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
s8macarthur, General Manager at Super 8 Alexandria, responded to this review, October 22, 2011
We are addressing the issues that you had at our hotel. We now have a new waffle machine and the guests like it much better, you can make your own.I have addressed the towel issues with my housekeeping staff. Thank you for staying with us
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I stayed here recently when the hotel was fully booked. I was placed in a smoking room, though I was a non-smoker. It could not be changed. The hotel needs to be remodeled. I rubbed a wet washcloth on the bathroom floor and it came up very dirty. There were stains on the floor and bathtub. The toilet seat would not go all the way up since it was blocked by a cabinet.
Find another hotel if you have any options.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
We have redone some of our bathroom floors. We are working on trying to get remodeled. Hopefully we can do that real soon
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

After rejecting another Alexandria hotel down the street, waltzed into this Super 8 after 8 pm to an eager and attentive staff who quickly assigned a clean spacious room. Only complaint is breakfast room was small and seemed like an afterthought but was adequate.
A good value for a single night's stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Alexandria? Share your experiences!