“good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Alexandria, Louisiana
“good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Food and service were surprisingly good... wasn't expecting it from a Tex-Mex place.

Visited June 2012

Louisiana
“Higher Quality Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is not your same old local cheapo mexican restaurant, so the prices maybe a little more, but I like fresh ingredients. I tried the Seafood Chili Relleno and it's made with a Fresh poblano pepper and stuffed with seafood - it's the best. My wife had the Beef Enchiladas dinner and probably two people could of eaten that dish alone. So far this is the best mexican food I've eaten in Alexandria, since they closed Cucos.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silverton, Colorado
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The prices were higher than what you usually see in Mexican restaurants, I wanted to order just a burrito to keep the cost down, and they gave me a plate with rice and beans along with it which kicked the price up. I didn't say anything about that, but probably should have The food was ok, but the burrito wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. I didn't really care for the seasoning they use in the meat, but that's probably just me. Our waitress was good, she kept our drinks filled but you could tell she was inexperienced and needed more training. Over all, I probably won't eat there again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marathon, Florida
“We were hurridly blowin' throught town and needed a quick Mexican fix!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We were so pressed for time. The restaurant was crowded and we considered going elsewhere but we were seated right away. Shared our "in a hurry" story with our server and he was blazin' fast! He quickly took our order and we were served and eating in no time!!! He was very attentive and as we were leaving he brought both of a "water to go" with a lid for the rest of our afternoon trip. That was extremely thoughtful and sensitive on his part. Wish I knew his name! And THEN we learned that the restaurant had been open only 2 weeks!!! We saw no room for improvement so if that attests to their management, hooray for them. They need to be made The Gold Standard!!! We very highly recommend Sombrero's.

• Visited August 2011