“Exellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Exellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Front Desk Lady, Elaine Paten, was great. She's a people person and very professional. The lady that cleaned by room did a marvelous job too. Her name was Quan. When I am in that area again I will definitely go back there.

Room Tip: Speak to Elaine Paten
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We thank you for choosing your stay here at the Courtyard in Alexandria. We are pleased that you really enjoyed your stay with us and the recognition for one of great team members. We hope that you will come back and stay with us if you have plans to return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

What a disappointment. It was cold and the heating did not work. I called the front desk and it took a long time for someone to come up to my room. The lady was very polite and knew nothing.
As a Platinum Marriott I received nothing, not even a cup of coffee. The room next to me was quite noisy, and I could hear all the activity...

On the positive side the rooms are quite spacious. The lobby is large, and well lit

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
We thank you for choosing your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott here in Alexandria. We do apologize for the inconvenience that we may have caused you during your past stay. We have addressed your concerns with our staff to ensure that we improve. We do have your best interest at heart and would hope that if you are ever back in the area that you would reconsider staying with us. If so, please contact me directly and we'll be anticipating to provide you with great service!

Management
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This new and spacious property is situated in the Alexandria mall.
There are many restaurants and shops in the mall.
The staff are fantastic.They are easy to work with and very professional .
I had. 6AM flight to visit my new grandson last Sat and left the car keys in my room.
I took taxi to airport .
I called the next day and Elaine at the front desk had a set of keys( the wrong ones), but followed up with Housekeeping and they found the keys in my room.
Elaine went out of her way to help me.
She was so pleasant and smiled all the time and made sure when I returned I received the keys.
She is an outstanding employee and a credit to Marriott Courtyard in Alexandria.
I called the General Manager to compliment Elaine.

Room Tip: As a Platinum member I was upgraded to an extended King room which had a microwave and mini fridge...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel is only three years old and has the retro look lobby area which is very spacious and allows for quiet corners for business meetings if necessary. Also if weather is nice there is additional space outside. Rooms very clean and bed extremely comfortable. Location is not far off the interstate so easy access if traveling by car. About 5 miles from airport and takes a while if you are flying. Staff was great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Pearland, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

THE HOTEL IS VERY CLEAN, SAFE AND IN A PERFECT LOCATION TO ACCOMADATEEVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY
All personnel was so professional and Elaine's service was immaculate
My stay was during the World Series and the hotel wasextremely busy but Elaine always made me feel great with her contagious smile and her wonderful customer service. She was never too busy to assist
(Marriott is the ONLY hotel I visit when in Alexandria)

Room Tip: The hotel is very clean, safe and in a perfect location to accomadate everyone in your party.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I travel to Alexandria, La. often on business. Every week Elaine greets me with a smile and expeditious service. She has a wonderful personality and is a great help. She's a great person and asset to this company. James is also extremely helpful and knowledgable. If there's any problem he makes sure that things get straightened out right away. In all the rooms are great and always clean. Great staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our family stayed at this Courtyard last weekend. I think we had about 10 rooms. The rooms were all clean and comfortable. Hotel has a nice pool and patio area out back. Living room area is very comfortable. We used part of the downstairs lobby seating area Sunday morning for a birthday gathering. Hotel is nicely located in Alexandria near shopping center area and has good access to I-49, especially headed south. Strangely, hotel does not offer complimentary breakfast or even coffee, but there is an in hotel restaurant with a very limited food and drink menu. The restaurant is convenient but if you have time, just go to the nearby IHOP or one of many other places. There are small coffee machines in the rooms.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 301 which is a 2 room suite. This was a very comfortable room with a king size be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria? Share your experiences!