“Our Family Wedding Weekend Home Base” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 20 hotels in Alexandria
Dallas
“Our Family Wedding Weekend Home Base”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our family stayed at this Courtyard last weekend. I think we had about 10 rooms. The rooms were all clean and comfortable. Hotel has a nice pool and patio area out back. Living room area is very comfortable. We used part of the downstairs lobby seating area Sunday morning for a birthday gathering. Hotel is nicely located in Alexandria near shopping center area and has good access to I-49, especially headed south. Strangely, hotel does not offer complimentary breakfast or even coffee, but there is an in hotel restaurant with a very limited food and drink menu. The restaurant is convenient but if you have time, just go to the nearby IHOP or one of many other places. There are small coffee machines in the rooms.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 301 which is a 2 room suite. This was a very comfortable room with a king size be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel in the last 2 years. I had a great experience when I stayed here before, so I was eager to repeat the experience. First I'll just say that Elaine was the best! Great asset for the front desk...she's phenomenal! I didn't officially go to my room until later that night and bow was I surprised! The door handle was falling off in the bathroom, toilet was extremely dirty ( ring and all) and the sheets put on inside out as if they had been turned over! The young man at the front desk assured me they would have it fixed in the morning. When I returned the next night, only the door handle had been fixed. Toilet was still filthy and housekeeping was gone for the night. I bought the front desk clerk to my room to show him AGAIN what I was referring to. He didn't offer to clean the toilet or change my room. I really expect better from a Marriott than this and as a member of management I would have done whatever it took to make the customer happy so they would return. Deeply disappointed in the service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I want to first thank you for choosing your stay with us at the Courtyard in Alexandria. Please except my deepest apology for the inconveniences that you may have experienced during your past stay with us. I have addressed each of your concerns with my team as we want to ensure that this doesn't continue. I do appreciate your business and value your feedback. I would love to speak with you further at a time that is best for you. If you are ever back in the Alexandria area we hope that you will reconsider staying with us.
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have been here this is my second time i encounter Ms Elaine she greets u with a smile n has a beautiful personality, she is a asset to your company , i had to talk to her on several occasions and still there is that smile n personality that grabs u,, sometimes we all get tired n let out guard down but even going down to the lobby to get folks n spoons i witnessed her attending to another guest same great smile n attitude where i spend my money i like seeing this again i want to tell her job well done and great customer service, i look forward to visiting your hotell again and hope that i have the pleasure of seeing Ms Elaine again, all n all the hotel stay as the first visit was very quiet n pleasant surroundings very nice outside hotel very clean n neat, rooms very clean thanks again for your hospitality sharon h have good day

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Clarksville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently had to book a room for my son at the last minute (and unexpectedly do it again the next day) and I live in Tn. and needed assistance and had the pleasure of working with Elaine! She was so helpful and gracious with the whole process! She went above and beyond the call of her position! She even went as far as calling me back to ensure me that she had gotten everything taken care of and let me know if I needed further assistance she was personally available! When my son arrived to check in, it was seamless! He was greeted warmly by her and the staff and had absolutely NO ISSUES! Thank you so much Elaine for being a true representation of what customer service is suppose to be in a day and age where it is a very rare encounter! You are great asset to the Courtyard Marriott and all of the Marriott chain!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Elaine was absolutely wonderful with room arrangement and setting up the conference room. She went beyond the call of duty and searched all over for a postcard for me. This was important as I have a kindergarten class from Nebraska following me around. I needed to mail this today as I am leaving town. Thanks Elaine for making me feel special.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel appears to be a very new property and is close to the main drag in Alexandria. The front desk clerk who checked us in was extremely friendly and accomodated my coworker and I's request for a top floor near one another. The lobby and exercise room were very welcoming and good equipment for a hotel gym. My room was huge. I normally stay in Hilton properties and this appeared much longer. The hotel itself is trendy. Overall, the stay was excellent, clean and quiet. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Alexandria.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Hotel was very clean and the room was great. A little pricey, but the staff is friendly and it's in a good location right by the mall, a grocery store and other restaurants. They offered free coffee in the morning. They have a little bistro where you can get Starbucks, breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria? Share your experiences!