“Best in Alexandria” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 hotels in Alexandria
NE
“Best in Alexandria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel appears to be a very new property and is close to the main drag in Alexandria. The front desk clerk who checked us in was extremely friendly and accomodated my coworker and I's request for a top floor near one another. The lobby and exercise room were very welcoming and good equipment for a hotel gym. My room was huge. I normally stay in Hilton properties and this appeared much longer. The hotel itself is trendy. Overall, the stay was excellent, clean and quiet. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Alexandria.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Hotel was very clean and the room was great. A little pricey, but the staff is friendly and it's in a good location right by the mall, a grocery store and other restaurants. They offered free coffee in the morning. They have a little bistro where you can get Starbucks, breakfast and dinner.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Location is great, a lot if restaurants in the area. Free parking and wi-fi is also great! But I found a hair in my bath tub, and the body lotion they give for free was already used and was all dirty. My friend found a hair on her bed.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed at a few hotel chains in Alexandria and the Courtyard is by far the nicest! The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the location is extremely and close to lots of great restaurants.

I usually like to stay on the bottom floor but I don't at this hotel. On 2 occasions last month I received in the room that was right behind the bistro. Luckily, after speaking to the front desk, they moved me the 2nd floor and it was extremely quiet.

Another thing that is weird is that sometimes they give me coffee for no charge from behind the bistro and sometimes they charge me. Last time I got it for free their "corporate" was in town and doing a review of some type in the bistro. The nice lady handed me the coffee and when I handed her my card she said that coffee was always complimentary. Struck me as odd as I had paid for it numerous times before....wondered if it had anything to do with the corporate guys behind her watching.

Overall best hotel in the Alex area!

Room Tip: Change rooms if you end up in the room behind the bistro!! Very noisy!
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed here about a year ago and it was a really great stay. I'm sad to say, it's slipped a bit since then.

The staff at the counter when I checked in was really friendly. The check in process was one of the quickest I've been through recently...my key was ready, they handed it to me and I was on my way.

The hotel is updated in the new Courtyard style and appears to be clean...for the most part. I say "for the most part" because the shower in my room is in pretty desperate need of deep clean. Water splotches on the plexi glass door and wall, and the dirty grime that builds up over time on the floor and lower walls of the shower. This is nothing that a little care and a good scrub would take off, but it appears to have been completely neglected.

Minor complaint #1: they do not have the free coffee in the lobby like most do. Since I don't like the taste of Starbucks coffee and really don't like the price, I skipped the Bistro and went to the front desk to request coffee for my room (they hand't replenished the regular coffee for the in-room maker either). I did have to stand there for a long time while the two women who were supposed to be working talked in the back room.

Minor complaint #2. The Linens. The sheets and comforter were really wrinkled and the towels were sort of haphazardly placed on the towel bar, though there is very little place to hang towels in the bathroom, so they sort of had to cram them all over one little towel bar.

Overall, the hotel has lots of potential, but it really seems like their is a degree of attention to detail is somewhat lax.

Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times in the last year and a half. I truly liked the hotel for the nice amenities; however this last trip they were lacking. They used to have coffee out, and now it is just a sign pointing to the Bistro, I was given an excuse that they were waiting on cups. That was Tuesday, and by Thursday still no coffee. The Bistro used to be a decent place to eat, now the food and service is mediocre at best. It is weird, not sure what happened, but those 2 items really bothered me. The service used to be stellar and now it just seemed to be lacking. Also the sitting area out back was always nice, but this time the fire pit was not operational. That in its self was not the issue; however it just looked terrible, like in disrepair and unwelcoming.

The rooms as always were clean, and it is a quiet hotel, you are able to get a good night’s sleep. But during the waking hours I would find somewhere else that is more comfortable. Either way they are still the best hotel in Alexandria, and I used to think one of the best mid-level hotels I have stayed at, but that opinion is waning fast.

Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I really liked how close the hotel was to several restaurants and the mall. However, my favorite aspect of the hotel was how helpful Elaine was at the front desk. I requested a room on the upper floor away from the elevator and she helped me out with my request. Next time I am in Alexandria this is where I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria? Share your experiences!