“Best Place To Stay In Alexandria” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6015 Old Boyce Rd, Alexandria, LA 71303   |
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Alexandria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best Place To Stay In Alexandria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Comfort Suites is one of the best places to stay in the Alexandria area. The upkeep is good & the price is right. Well managed property, with courteous employees. The property is in way better condition than the Hampton & Laquinta, who are located nearby. King suites are a good choice, because they have a small lounging area.

Room Tip: Good choice if you do not want to stay too far away from the interstate.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

On a road trip, my family and I stopped here based on Trip Advisor reviews. We didn't get to the hotel until almost midnight and left very early the next morning, but based on the short time we were there, it appeared to be very nice, new and clean. The double queen room we booked had TONS of space. My husband and I thought the free breakfast was average, but our 7 year old was PUMPED about the chocolate flavored waffles, lol. Overall we would highly recommend this place and would stay here again if we were in the area.

Stayed March 2014
Waxahachie, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We checked in yesterday and everything was fine. But this morning we realized we needed more towels. We booked a room for 5 people. They left us 4 towels and 3 wash rags and 3 hand towels. My oldest daughter went to the desk this morning and requested extra toerls5. They said they would send some up. An hour later housekeeping showed up to get our dirty towels bit didn't give us clean ones. This evening we some how couldn't get Into our safe. We called the desk to ask for help and she informed us that we would have to ask the manager the next morning to help us(good thing we didn't have life saving meds I there). She informed us the manager would arrive the next morning and could help us for a 50 dollar fee. RIDICULOUS. We finally had towels when we arrived back to hotel (5 hours later). Front Desk evening person totally SUCKS. When we arrived she was eating and when. I called tonight and told her we weren't paying to get our stuff out of safe she said whatever and Hung up on me. Don't stay here. Waste of money and bad customer service.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

First floor room - could hear all lobby noise & TVs in other rooms nearly all night. Housekeeping talked so loudly to each other all morning that it was impossible to sleep!
As for cleanliness: there was what appeared to be ashes in the coffee cups stacked near the coffee pot & trash on floor & hair in the tub.

• Stayed February 2014
Cordova, Tn.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Had two rooms reserved and was double charged on one. The night clerk double charged me and then claimed she couldn't due anything about it and couldn't be corrected until manager came in sometimes the next day. She then accused me of threatening her - which I didn't - and became very obstinate about any and every thing. She was ethic and I believe has a chip on her shoulder when I told her made a mistake. Anyway the late night clerk/accountant had made the correction that night when I inquired about the next morning. The motel is located close to a train track and from the time I checked in around 5 PM until about 9 PM a train passed bye every 20 to 30 minutes with it's horn blazing at the crossing on Airport Road. I will say the rooms were nice but not very big for suites. Breakfast was plentiful and dining area was large.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs - no getting away from train whistles.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The company I work for used this hotel as our headquaters for a few weeks. We had a large group staying for an extended amount of time. The staff was incredibly accommodating and welcoming. They bent over backwards to make sure that we had everything we needed and felt comfortable. The hotel was affordable, very clean and well maintained. I would highly recommend the Comfort Inn and Suites!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is very pleasant. It took me no time to make reservations and check in was speedy. The employees( Ms.Cynthia and Ms.Kayla) are polite and sweet. Anything i needed they were eager to assist me. For instance making me waffles lol ! They showed me some excellent hospitality. I will definetly make this hotel a choice again! Thanks !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!