“Better than most in Alexandria, LA!” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Suites Alexandria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6015 Old Boyce Rd, Alexandria, LA 71303   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Alexandria
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Better than most in Alexandria, LA!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Often for work I travel to the Alexandria, LA area. I have been increasingly frustrated by the quality of hotel I can find within my companies per diem. This was my first time staying at the Comfort in Suites and I must say it was overal a very pleasant experience. Sometimes after a long day on airplanes and travel by car a simple smile by the staff who greets you when you walk in the door and a nice clean space is all you need!
The hotel was clean and simple. A/C could have gotten colder & there were a few minor things like empty water coolers & out of service tv in the gym area but the staff, room and breakfast were perfectly suiting. The rooms were actually NO SMOKING rooms and there was no residual scents on the 3rd floor which I appreciated. From kitchen to front desk to cleaning staff & Managment I encountered them all and all were kind & accomodating: Better than MOST in Alex, LA! I will definitely make this a repeat stay when I travel there again!

Room Tip: Corner Suites have great windows but you may want a room in between elevators and the end of the hal...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

After a HORRIBLE experience at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites, we ended up at Comfort Suites. We were greeted by two wonderful staff , VERA & DANIELLE, who made everything so much better. Their professionalism, cheerful personalities, and desire to make our experience positive was truly appreciated. I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE traveling to Alexandria, LA!!!!!!
The General Manager, Chris, was just as professional the following morning and was genuine in ensuring our stay was enjoyable.
A++++++++++++++++++++++
I will be staying at this hotel again!!!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend any room at this hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saipan, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The ladies at the front desk were nothing but helpful. I stayed at this hotel for an extended period this winter. I worked an odd schedule, so was painfully aware of noises. The walls are paper thin, so I would just get to sleep only to hear someone's phone ringing in the next room, or people having nookie night when I had to wake up at 3:30AM. Then there's the insanely loud train...I thought about moving, but had colleagues staying at the La Quinta, etc., and they had the same problems. It seems to be a matter of crummy building standards. I needed to be near the airport, so the location was excellent.

The housekeepers are sweet but don't take into consideration that people may be sleeping while they're cleaning. The rooms are really clean, and the ladies actually move the furniture to vaccuum.

The breakfast is simple--waffles, fruit, baked goods, etc., but is nice to have available.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Loranger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Several family members met at the Comfort Suites in Alexandria for the weekend. The facility was well kept. The front desk staff was helpful and handled the check in quickly and efficiently. The breakfast standard fare for Comfort Suites but was good. We enjoyed sitting by the pool taking in the great weather.
Would come back here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east face an open field and should be a little quieter although the one we had on the w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Fernandina Beach, Florida, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here around 12-20-2012. Grand parents and 4 year old grandson. Room was large. Put grandson on sofa bed, but had to go down to front desk to get linens for it. Also lamp did not work above sofa bed. There was a hole in the base where the switch should have been. Probably not worth the $100/night rate.Beds were OK and breakfast was usual continental fare.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed there for two nights, when we arrived the 'guest service' man was extremely rude, as if we were a bother to him. Hoping to sleep in a bit from getting in late we were awakened at SEVEN a.m. by the vacuum being used directly in front of our door. The next night we came in late again only to find our key not working and were treated, again, very poorly by the front desk. As we were leaving the next morning we attempt to get off the elevator only to have the front desk lady yelling at the house keeper telling her she is a liar! As I get off the elevator the front desk lady knocks into me not saying a word. Are you kidding?? This is NOT the typical Comfort Suites. I am still angry and will NEVER give this hotel any of my business and will advice others not to do business with them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CPTJ2012
Orange Park
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I were registered at this hotel for a one night stay while traveling to Texas. We arrived around 3:00 p.m. and were assigned a room on the first floor. At approximately 4:00 a.m. we were both awakened with banging and all sorts of noise from the room next to us. We finally got up about 5:00 a.m., dressed and packed. At 6:00 a.m. and my husband went to the front desk to complain. Apparently they assigned our room right next to the kitchen where they prepare the buffet breakfast. I have no doubt that they receive complaints from anyone in this room. We were also told that there was no manager on duty until 10:00 a.m.! What? This is unbelieveable. No one cared and of course no adjustments for the room and not being able to have a good night rest before continuing our travels. We will not stay at this hotel again and will certainly advise friends of the poor attitude and no responsible person on property. We hope Choice Hotels will look into the management at this location.

Room Tip: Always check that only sleeping rooms will be next to yours.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business