“Service was above and beyond!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6015 Old Boyce Rd, Alexandria, LA 71303   |
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Alexandria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas
“Service was above and beyond!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way from New Orleans to Dallas. It is conveniently located just off the highway. The front desk, housekeeping staff, and manager went above and beyond in helping us when we forgot our daughter's expensive refrigerated medicine in the room's fridge. They got it for us out of the room, kept it refrigerated for us until the mail came, and then mailed it to us overnight with fresh cold packs so that it would not be compromised. THANK YOU, COMFORT SUITES!!!

The bed was very comfortable as well, my husband and I wished we could take it home with us!!! Everything was clean and breakfast was kept well-stocked.

The only two drawbacks, which are very slight, are that we heard a train (quite loudly) at 10:00 and after 11:00 p.m. and again in the morning around 7:00 a.m. One of our party heard it also at 3:00 a.m. but it wasn't loud enough to wake the rest of us up once we were already asleep in the middle of the night. It did keep us awake when we were trying to fall asleep, at first. And the blankets on the fold out couch were a little musty smelling.

However, everything else was wonderful, and those two minor details would not keep me from choosing to stay at the Comfort Suites next time I am passing through Alexandria, and I recommend it for its comfort and great service!

Room Tip: We had rooms 224 and 226, where we could see our vehicle in the parking lot, but really it was only...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Last week while passing thru Alexandria we stayed at the hotel. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. I accidentally forgot my iPad and did not realize it until the manager made contact with me. He was very helpful and mailed it back to my office immediately. I have spent the night in this hotel the past 4 years while passing thru on the way to New Orleans. We will continue to stay there and I certainly appreciate their kindness.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lufkin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

A nice place to stay when you have to be away from home.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in were the same on the first and second floor. Clean spacious rooms no...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Alexandria for two nights in June when we were attending a sports tournament, and I was not especially impressed with the hotel. I think that the manager and/or owner needs to do a serious and honest evaluation of this property.

While the housekeepers seemed very nice, the front desk staff was not particularly friendly. I also noticed throughout my stay that at least two or three employees lounged around in the breakfast area watching TV in the afternoons and evenings. This is not professional!

Although the lobby was clean, well-decorated, and inviting, the carpet in the hallways needs to be cleaned. There were many obvious stains.

Our room was large, but it was not fancy (actually just what I expected from a Comfort Suites). It was comfortable and serviceable. I liked having an in-room safe and a small refrigerator. My bed was fine, but I didn't sleep well because a train runs behind the hotel.

I must point out some issues. My husband asked for extra towels--and got them--but we didn't use them when I realized how stained they were. (A couple of them had something brown and gooey--and fresh--on them.) Even the towels that appeared reasonably clean were very thin and shabby.

I took my nephew to the pool on Saturday morning only to discover a sign that said the pool deck was open only from 3:00 P. M. until 10:00 P. M.! These hours seemed rather strange!

The breakfast was terrible. I hate to waste food, but I had to throw away the eggs and sausage because they were inedible. We did not take advantage of the (included in the room rate) breakfast the second day; instead, we went to the nearby McDonald's.

This hotel served its purpose: It provided us a no-frills place to stay for a weekend. I don't think that there are any really luxurious properties in Alexandria, so this hotel is probably no better or no worse than the other local accommodations. Nevertheless, it could be a much nicer place with some cleaning, some upgrades, and some staff training.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We were very impressed by this hotel, and thought it very good value for money, especially compared to New Orleans hotels. Staff were very welcoming and helpful, the room was quiet and very well maintained, and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel was ideally situated for exploring the Kisatchie National Forest, which was the reason for our visit. Breakfasts were good.

Other reviewers commented on the noise from the trains, which run down the track quite close to the hotel and hoot for the level crossing not far from the hotel, so in the night the one or two trains that pass are really impossible to sleep through for light sleepers like ourselves. However we did not feel that this was a major factor, and, apart from the odd train, the hotel was very quiet at nights and we slept very well overall.

We would consider returning to this hotel, and would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: As you enter the hotel the rooms nearest the railway line are to the right.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Littleton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Entered Hotel @ roughly 6:30 Pm to check in. No one was at the front desk to check me in. I rang the bell and waited another few minutes for the clerk to finally arrive. When she did show up, she reeked of smoke. First, she couldn't find my reservation, then she gave me a room. When I entered “My” room I was shocked to find that it was already occupied by another customer. Luckily the guy was just sitting on the bed watching TV, but it could have been much worse. I informed the clerk of the situation to which she replied there shouldn't be anyone in there; are you sure? She said she didn't show that there was anyone in the room according to her system . I asked if she would like to go see for herself. She gave me a new room. How does this happen?

Room Tip: Ask for one that is not already occuppied
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Greeted on Nov 14 by a charming young lady, with professional style and flair in dealing with my reservations. I believe her name was reacia. The hotel decor is upscale with plenty of space in lobby for all to enjoy. Rooms are huge with sitting area and two queen beds, and desk.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Comfort Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!