“Nothing Like Ruth Chris in States” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“Nothing Like Ruth Chris in States”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 NEW

I have eaten at RC over 100 times and thought I would enjoy what is normally the best filet mignon in any steakhouse, but it is not the same. The only thing that is the same here is the prices, which I don't mind if the quality lives up to it. But my steak was tough, the service slow, and the bill way too high. Many other great restaurants in Panama. Save your money here.

• Visited April 2015
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Steak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW

Ruth's Chris is world known for the their "High End Steak" Our steaks were not anything special. My steak was more fat then Steak. The steaks were tougher then expected not easily cut. Most of my Steak was left on my plate. The service was slow and communication was not good.

• Visited April 2015
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dana Point, California
“Same excellent quality as in the U.S.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 NEW

The food was great, but definitely New York pricing, which is high. The waiters spoke some English, not as well as the rest of the employees in the hotel. We were ready for a good steak, and we got it.

Visited March 2015
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Not worth a visit ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

Impressed by the looks of the hotel and their website, I decided to go on my own for a dinner.

I choose for the Filet Mignot of $ 58,- with baked potato. The waiter who spoke no English asked me if I would like to have shrimps on my filet. He mentioned a few times the word 'complimentary'. So I accepted his recommendation. I choose for a glass of red wine from Argentina. That wine was served so extremely cold that I asked for an other glass of the right temperature. During enjoying my wine I had to look at 6 waiters which were waiting for costumers and was quite annoying. The filet came on a small plate without any side order and mushed potatoes. I asked for my original ordered baked potato and apparently they run out. Decided to order French fries with mayonnaise. It came with ketchup so had to correct that also. Filet was perfect. Finally I finished with an espresso. Total cost including taxes for 1 glass red wine, 1 water, 1 filet mignon 8 oz , 1 shrimps ,1 French fries , 1 mayonnaise and 1 espresso @ $ 132,21. Shrimps costed $17,- . I refused to pay a tip and this total on the bill is absolutely over the top and heavily overcharged and wondering if people will return for the second time after they experience this place.

Saint Charles, Missouri
“So good. So worth it. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

While in Panama we saw the Hilton had a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We were so pleased with the food and service we ate there twice. On the first visit our waiter was very good but on our second visit our waitress Laura was amazing. Very attentive and determined to make our visit great despite our language barrier. Thank you Laura and the rest of the helpful staff.