“Veneto - Lots of fun. Great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Veneto - A Wyndham Grand Hotel

You added Veneto - A Wyndham Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Veneto - A Wyndham Grand Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenido Eusebio A. Morales y Via Veneto, El Cangrejo, Panama City, Panama   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #70 of 111 Hotels in Panama City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Veneto - Lots of fun. Great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My first visit to Panama City in mid January. Hotel is alot of fun and lots going on. It is a casino with bars, live music, dance lessons etc. Great for adult active single travelers or couples.
Veneto is great location.
El Congreho section is right there with various restaurants to walk to.
Next to or across from hotel are several small pharmarcies, internet/office services, several small resturants, a great boutique store for womens clothing. Many clothing stores and a large El Rey grocercy store all walking distance. Sprago clothing store on corner is excellent clothing values.
Clubman mens store around the block, terrific mens clothes at reasonable prices.
There is local talent in the casino at night.
The local talent are friendly and well mannered. Not any problem.

Hotel Security is execellent.
There is always hotel staff in front of hotel and in lobby ready to assist to get a taxi or help baggage. Gym and outdoor pool on 7th floor. You have to have a room key to operate elevator

My room was on 13th floor. I could see the Pacific ocean in the distance. My room excellent. Nice foam queen bed. Bath shower large glass doors. Shower has room for two easily & plenty of hot water.
I booked direct with Wyndam so my resevation and billing were all correct & no problems.
You can print your boarding pass from hotel computers (their are in the gift shop).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Wyndham Veneto is a good hotel if you are traveling with friends or by yourself. THIS is not a hotel for couples and families, because by 9:00 the hotel is filled with gamblers, drunks, and "ladies of the night." The hotel is in a good location, within walking distance to many restaurants and bars. There is also a sushi bar in the hotel that was surprisingly good. I didn't have any problems with the rooms, except at times they smelled a bit musty. However, they were relatively large, had a flat screen tv, and nice bathroom. I was traveling with a mate and we were content with our stay, because we got the rooms at a discounted rate. People should just be aware that this hotel has a very active night life scene.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Signal Hill, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My buddy and I stayed here on a planned overnight layover coming from Bogota. On the way to Bogota we did the same and stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in Panama. These are polar opposite hotels. I reviewed that hotel as well. First off, the other reviewers hit the nail on the head with this one. It is musty, dank and dirty..BUT there are plenty of girls and gambling if that's your thing. I would much rather stay somewhere else and cab it over to the Veneto for the nighttime action. The rooms were not very well kept. See pictures below. If you just want hookers and gambling at night, then this is the place to be. If you want a good room, keep looking.

Room Tip: Best rooms are in other hotels.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
DESSEL BELGIUM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was from th december for weeks in Veneto hotel, Panama. I read before that it was more a casino then a hotel, and better not go with your own wife, maybe yes,but if you avoid the second floor between 7 and 11 PM, there is nothing lost, very clean rooms, no noice from outside, very safe location, helpful desk-people, especially Stephania is some miss Panama I think, breakfast is the useall buffet, and in dead, its full of colombian womens at night, which don t wait for a bus in there of you know what I mean ?? If you go for a chill out in Panama, dont look further, the price is very reasonable for a 5 star hotel,

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor, than you avoid street noice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Yuba City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My first time to Panama City. I am not sure if all casino/hotels are this way, but the prostitutes almost outnumber the guests in the casino, but they were no problem. The problem started at the front desk. The ladies there seemed totally confused as to how to get a registration done. It took over 40 minutes. When we got to the room, there were not enough towels, maid service wouldn't answer, the front desk promised and still no towels. I resorted to taking them from an unattended maid's cart.

When we returned from our fishing trip, it was the same screwed up mess as we waited for those same two to take care of a gentleman ahead of us. An hour later, we go to our room. No towels!

Do not stay below the 12th floor because the noise of the sound system from the casino will vibrate your room. Do not stay on the 17th floor, that were the "girls" are working. Oh yes, as another person said in their review, I was told my card was denied, yet it worked when I used it on final check out. I called credit card company before I left to make sure it would be good. I would suggest another hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay below 13th floor. Sound from casino will keep you awake!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Smelly room because of aircon system, so all rooms have bad air quality.
Not my kind of average audience, old men, hookers, rooftop pool is not really impressive.
Some good shops in the vicinity, rey is around the corner.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Ft worth, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Upon checking in the lady at the desk said my CC was being refused so I gave her a different one and the same thing and I told her it sounded like her machine and she said it was not so I had to put up a cash deposit. I took out travelers checks and they do not take them. The room was nice but the service sucks. at the room I asked for additional towels and wash cloths, they never brought them to me, after a couple of calls. The next day after being out all day we returned to the hotel hot and tired to find that they had not left any towels what so ever. I caught the maid and asked her for towels, this is about 3 PM and she said they did not have any at this time but she would bring some as soon as she got some. about 2 hours later still no towels I called maid service and told them I had no towels, not even to dry my hands and they said they would bring some up. at about 9 PM 6 hours later they brought me 2 bath towels no hand towels or washcloths. I called several times and spoke to the operator and at midnight I gave up with getting additional towels. I even went to the front desk and that did not work. They said they had no washcloths and were short of towels because of their laundry service. Certainly not Wyndham standards, a Wyndham hotel that does not have enough towels for their guest. Would not recommend to anyone unless you are looking for a pro, there are many around the hotel and casino.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Veneto - A Wyndham Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!