“Loud, moldy, no towels” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Veneto - A Wyndham Grand Hotel

You added Veneto - A Wyndham Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Veneto - A Wyndham Grand Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenido Eusebio A. Morales y Via Veneto, El Cangrejo, Panama City, Panama   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #70 of 111 Hotels in Panama City
MD
“Loud, moldy, no towels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hotel hard to find. Front dest accommodating.
Great bellman noticed no towels or glasses in room. Eventually got a few, never a full set.
Noise level until 3 am very loud. Thumping of music.
Sketchy about using coupon given for their breakfast room.
Fine for 20 something that wants to party all night.
Directions are so difficult that our nice bellman actually came in our car to get us to the highway to airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Irene V, Executive Director at Veneto - A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear fairytalesinmotion:
Thank you for your comments. Our sincere apologies that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and we have addressed the specific issues noted with our operational departments, including housekeeping and security. Without the valuable feedback of customers such as you, we cannot hope to improve our servce.

Despite the issues that were below expectation, we are very pleased to hear that the bellman was attentive and helpful and we will pass on to that manager your comments.

Irene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Don't plan on internet in your room; first stay required 4 trips to front desk before they found a room with hard wire internet - wireless only in the public areas; second stay....got room with with very leaky bathroom faucet and no internet, met director of social media who immediately promised to have management fix ..... no action.... gave up. Casino is lively but the bar was tough to get them to give you a drink and even tougher for them to give you back the change, the hotel has its own taxi's and if you pick another one in front they get downright nasty. Also expect to pay at least twice and maybe three times more for the hotel taxi's, convenient location, nice morning breakfast buffet, pool and exercise area with bar on seventh floor was good. Lastly, if you book through a third party internet site be very very careful; make sure you have a printed copy of the confirmation that clearly shows you paid the third party. If it does not expect the hotel to charge you even if you believe the third party was paid. This happened to me and after much discussion I discovered the third party took my credit card info but referred it directly to the hotel for payment. It was the same rate as on the site but it was confusing. The concierge in the accessories shop downstairs was very helpful and their computers worked and they had a printer and they spoke english and I was happy to liberally tip them. This is central america and despite a heavy american influence the people are poor and view the gringo as an open pocket book and they want their fair share.

Room Tip: higher has less noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Los Molinos Boquete
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We booked two nights at the Veneto several days apart through a special advertised in the Visitor Newspaper. At first they told us the ad said the cost was per night, not for two. But I scanned the the ad and emailed it to them and they said they would honor it. When we got there the staff was friendly and very helpful. Our second night was to have been three days later, but after our plans changed we called and asked if we could come the night before instead. They very pleasantly agreed. The breakfast buffets were wonderful, the rooms clean and luxurious, and we really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Harrsyford:
Thank you for your kind comments about the accomodating staff at the Veneto, Wyndham Grand Hotel. We are very pleased that our staff was able to change your reservations to better meet your needs. I will pass your comments on to both the Food and Beverage Director and the Hotel Director, both of whom are working very hard to provide memorable guest experiences.

We hope that you come back to visit with us very soon, and pass the good news about our service and accomodations around Boquete... We look forward to being your home in Panama City

Medellin, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I´ve traveled to many places and seen many beautiful hotels and resorts in North, Central and South America, and one that I really enjoyed staying at is the Veneto - A Wyndham Grand Hotel in Panama City, Panama. The attention is great but what I really enjoyed was all the fine women from all walks of life. The gambling is exciting and you can actually feel lady luck in the air around you. I would recommend a cool get away to this hotel resort and Casino. I know you will love it and will plan a return vacation in the future. Write and let me know your experience at this grand hotel.

Juan Camilo Montoya
ALLSHIP SERVICES S.A.S.
allshipservices@gmail.com
allship10@yahoo.com
Tel:01157 321 781-2139
Medellin Colombia

Room Tip: Over looking El Cangrejo side
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Irene V, Manager at Veneto - A Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Juan:

Thanks for your candad review of the Veneto, Wyndham Grand Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and shared your view with the Tripadvisor community.

We look forward to many future visits with you!
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed there on the top " concierge" floor. The rooms were nice and large bathrooms with nice amenities.. The hotel is in a safe district, very near the business/banking district so it was convenient fior my business trip. There were some very nice restaurants within walking distance, even a McDonald's on the corner. Try the Casa del Marisco for there fresh fish.
The included continental breakfast was adequate, but rooms at lower costs which included full breakfast is a better deal. The WiFi was "hit and miss." There was also suppose to be evening drinks, local liquors, with ardors. It was very disappointing, they were 45 minutes late with the opening, the food, even under burners were limp and tasted old. The lady who finally came up to serve was not very helpful and somewhat rude. She apparently came from the casino and did not want to be there. I would give the hotel an overall 3 star rating.

Room Tip: The pool, with are bar, business center and spa (did not use) are on the seventh floor was nice in t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear James B
Thanks for your review and for your specific concerns. We have been able to address the issues of delayed service in the Concierge lounge and apologize that during your visit, the concierge lounge did not meet your expectations (or ours!).
We have also reported the issue of the WIFI to our IT department, and they have replaced routers on that floor.

Please give us an opportunity to show you our progress when next you return to Panama City.

irene
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I recently stayed one night on my way to another country and then one night on my return trip. Both times the check-ins were quick. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and quiet. The bathroom is modern and large. I used the gym on the seventh floor which is adequate. The air conditioning was out, which made me cut short my work out. The pool is rather nice. I made an appointment with a masseuse at the spa located on the same floor. There was a bit of construction going on; so the men's locker room was not available. The masseuse was very good. I believe 50 minutes for $US70.
Upon my return trip I checked-in about 10:30 am and I was surprised a room was ready for me. Soon after entering my room and showering I was again surprised, this time by a housekeeping supervisor who was also surprised by my presence. It seems that reception did not coordinate well with housekeeping. It turns out that the room was partially ready; most of it having been cleaned. I found it was not totally ready; the waste basket not emptied and the room not vacuumed.
My next surprise came at check-out in the morning when I was told there was a $US31 charge for incidentals, i.e., mini bar items consumed. I told the reception worker that it must have been from the previous guest since I did not consume anything and I also mentioned about the room was not really ready when I check-in. I was given a look of doubt and told to sign a declaration.

Room Tip: My rooms on both the 15th and 17th floors were very quiet, even given the weekends.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Eggus;
Thanks for your review and your informative comments. We are pleased to let you know that the renovations of the Spa are completed and when you return for your next visit, the newly renovated locker room area will be ready and waiting for you!

We apologize that your experience on the return trip was not well coordinated with our housekeeping and front desk departments, and we have put new procedures in place to insure that does not happen again to you, or to any other guest.

On your next trip to the country, please stop in , we look forward to resolving those few problems and providing you with another great experience.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My mom and I stayed here as part of our Gate 1 trip to Panama. There were two choices for a hotel-the Veneto and another one down the street. We were so glad that we decided to upgrade and choose this one because we had a pool and daily breakfast, and we loved the location. The neighborhood is safe (unless you are out past around 10-then I would take a cab), and many restaurants are within walking distance or a short cab ride. We went to dinners around 6 or 7 or 8 and felt safe. Past 10 or so, I would take a cab or just stay at the hotel. There is also a supermarket called Rey within about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. If you have kids though, it is probably not a good hotel to stay at because there is a casino, and it gets very noisy. It is not the hotel's fault, but we were woken up many times during the night by noisy guests who were partying and gambling until the wee hours of the morning. This is fine if you love partying and staying up late (which I do depending on what type of trip I am on), but if you have to wake up at 5 for a tour, this noise can be very inconvenient. There are also "girls" hanging around the casino, and if you have kids, you probably don't want them to see what goes on there. We found the hotel staff nice-everyone from the front desk to the waiters during breakfast. There is also security. I marked that this trip was with friends instead of family because we did not have any kids with us. When we checked in, we were given a coupon to use at the restaurants and casino; we never used the restaurant ones, and we tried to use the one at the casino, but it required that you play a certain amount and then get free playing time on the slots. Overall, we were happy with the hotel.

Room Tip: To avoid noise, you probably want to stay as high up as possible although you can never guarantee th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Panner1995:
Thanks for your candid comments. We are glad you and your Mom enjoyed your stay with us, and apologize for the noise issues caused by other guests.

Your review is very helpful to other potential guests as it is very direct and we appreciate that honesty. Should you (or your Mom) be returning to Panama with Friends or Family, we invite you back to enjoy our hospitality.

Irene

Been to Veneto - A Wyndham Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!