This is a lovely resort hotel with great facilities a nice spa and nice food. Rooms are quiet and comfortable, and have great views across the bay of Panama. The beach is nice and well maintained, the pools are also nice, but will probably need to be refurbished soon as there were some cracked tiles etc.
My partner and I came here for a few days at the end of our honeymoon, and while the hotel is very nice and we had a good tiem we were a little disappointed for a few reasons: 1. the resort was much bigger than we were expecting and it really felt like a typical resort rather than the more intimate hotel experience we wanted. 2. There were clearly a lot of guests who were on all inclusive packages, meaning there were a lot of families with kids, and there was not really thre more exclusive feel we wanted. This said, these issues were more related to our expectations rather than the hotel.
On the plus side, the food was very good both the buffet in the main restaurant and the gourmet restaurant with a beautiful sea view had really good selections and high quality food. Unfortunately the gourmet restaurant was never busy and so lacked much atmosphere, but the food and the service was really excellent.
On the down side, our check-in was very poor. It took a long time for them to find our reservation, and at no time did anyone tell us what was happening so we were left worrying that something was wrong - we were not offered to sit down with a drink for example, while it was sorted out. During check-in, we were not told anything about the Club Intercontinental benefits (breakfast in the morning and snacks and aperitifs in the evening) that were included with our room - we only found out a couple of days in after we checked our reservation again after unexpectedly being charged for breakfast (which incidentally we had refunded after bringing it to the hotels attention).
Overall, this is a nice hotel, family resort. Good food, nice location. Not really an intimate, exclusive, romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you need is here at this luxury hotel in Playa Bonita Panama, from golden sands to jungle walkways, infinity pools to 10,000 square metres of tranquil spa. Feel transported in tropical resort seclusion just minutes from Panama City and the wonders of the Panama Canal. Explore the colonial and shopping districts, Punta Bruja Nature Reserve or simply watch the ocean from spacious suites or the Lighthouse restaurant at this luxury resort hotel in Panama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort And Spa Panama/Panama City
- Playa Bonita Panama