I stayed at the Playa Bonito for 4 nights. It was located in a more secluded area in Panama City. Service was a hit/miss. The Lighthouse had the better service out of the three restaurants on premise. Front desk was average in terms of service. Room seemed fine...until I was bit by bed bugs. This is the reason for the 1 rating on cleanliness. I reported this to the front desk who seemed very nonchalant about it, suggesting they will fumigate the room...but what about our stuff in there?!! This was not acceptable for me so I asked to speak to a manager and was directed to Victor. He was very helpful and got me switched to a different room and followed up with me once in the new room to ensure everything was ok. I think he was one of the few staff on site who seemed to be attentive and helpful.
Restaurant also had a tendency to run out of items on the menu. I ordered an empanada from the menu and was told they were out. They were completely out of dessert at the Lighthouse one night as well. This happened every day with one of my friends during our stay and to me one day. Just seems strange that they are regularly out of things on a pretty small a la carte menu.
Finally I had a massage at the Sensory Spa onsite. It was going well until I fell asleep - that's when the masseuse started to take a break from massaging me, only to start again when I awoke. And during a massage Marcia? popped a pimple on my neck without my consent. How gross is that - she used her oily hands to pick a pimple...shouldn't they know better? This is a Clarins spa! The area is red now which matches all the red marks on my leg from the bed bugs.
It's not a bad hotel but definitely has some opportunities for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you need is here at this luxury hotel in Playa Bonita Panama, from golden sands to jungle walkways, infinity pools to 10,000 square metres of tranquil spa. Feel transported in tropical resort seclusion just minutes from Panama City and the wonders of the Panama Canal. Explore the colonial and shopping districts, Punta Bruja Nature Reserve or simply watch the ocean from spacious suites or the Lighthouse restaurant at this luxury resort hotel in Panama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort And Spa Panama/Panama City
- Playa Bonita Panama