We had a great time at this resort. Very nice rooms..although we got upgraded to the suites! We met some of the nicest staff around...Concierge Francisco Aldeano - he is the key to navigating around the property. Also, Joseph - the bellman - was really nice. I lost a belt when we switched rooms with the upgrade and I swear he hunted it down like a pitbull dog. lol. And Sugey is the best! I met her in the Club Lounge one morning during breakfast. The staff is great. If you know Spanish, then you are great! But if you don't, then you may have some minor issues on the property...but it's nothing that Francisco or Sugey or Joseph can't assist you with. I will warn those travelers that are expecting a real beachy type of resort...this is not it! The beach at the hotel is not beach-friendly. Their are hermit crabs and a host of other little critters that run along the beach non-stop and enter the ocean at your own risk because there is probaly about 25-35 yards off coral or just rocks?? from near the shoreline to out to the sea. I was used to Sandals type of properties..where the beach is user friendly and they have Playmakers (those who have visited Sandal properties know what I'm talking about) onsite. This hotel is strictly for relaxing and that's what we did. I highly recommend the hotel for the relaxation factor and the nice staff and food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you need is here at this luxury hotel in Playa Bonita Panama, from golden sands to jungle walkways, infinity pools to 10,000 square metres of tranquil spa. Feel transported in tropical resort seclusion just minutes from Panama City and the wonders of the Panama Canal. Explore the colonial and shopping districts, Punta Bruja Nature Reserve or simply watch the ocean from spacious suites or the Lighthouse restaurant at this luxury resort hotel in Panama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort And Spa Panama/Panama City
- Playa Bonita Panama