I have been to this hotel several times.
Here are the pros: General manager is helpful (but not visible), deserts at buffets are awesome, rooms are comfortable. There are kids movies at night.
Here are the cons: Sand fleas on beach are very bad, drinks lack alcohol, managers do NOT help with any issues (you need to ask for general manager for anything to be resolved), it is noisy outside at night due to parties. The child pool was always dirty. The kids club was always even more dirty .The staff does not smile. If you have a stroller, they do not help by opening doors. The staff is not happy. Buffets were average. There are not enough vegetable options at meals. They spray a bug spray over entire property daily- run inside! Dead birds on property from the spray! Sometimes this is a white smoke that engulfs entire property and beach!
Here is some general info: You cannot swim at the beach here (too rocky). The daytime snacks on the pool menu were not in my all-inclusive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort & Spa offers tropical resort seclusion just minutes from Panama City and the wonders of the Panama Canal, where the Miraflores Visitors Center is a must. The colonial and shopping districts, Amador Causeway, Punta Bruja Nature Reserve and the Gamboa Rainforest Resort aerial tram are all less than an hour away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort And Spa Panama/Panama City
- Playa Bonita Panama