3 day stay for business in late March 2013. The hotel is very nice, large, clean and somehow modern. Rooms are big with nice views. Beds are very good also. Price/Quality is OK. Gardens are nice and extensive.
There is NO useful beach. Remember that the Pacific Ocean in Panama City has a significant tidal variation, and the bottom of it is no soft sand, so the beach is no nice. And all the big ships waiting for their Canal transit are sitting just across the water. That said they have a couple of nice pools, with wet bar and even their own beach volley court.
Location. This hotel is far away from everything. You will spend USD 25 on a cab just to get to Panama City, and you cannot walk anywhere neither.
Internet. SUCKS big time. Very unreliable, slow, and with so many access points per floor that they interfere with each other.
Food. What a disappointing experience. Both outside restaurants and inside bars were not good. Food was not the memory I will take home from this hotel.
Noise. Beware of huge transformers sitting 5 yards from the room doors on the ground floor. Look for a room on a higher floor.
AC Adaptors. I forgot mine and I couldn't get one here neither.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Resort
- Intercontinental Panama
- Playa Bonita Panama
- InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort And Spa Panama/Panama City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort & Spa offers tropical resort seclusion just minutes from Panama City and the wonders of the Panama Canal, where the Miraflores Visitors Center is a must. The colonial and shopping districts, Amador Causeway, Punta Bruja Nature Reserve and the Gamboa Rainforest Resort aerial tram are all less than an hour away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.