We have stayed at this hotel twice. My only issue is that they spray for bugs at about 4PM everyday. The stuff they use I believe is very toxic. It caused me have an asthma attack. Hotel staff did not care when I told them. They spray by the hotel, all around it and then on some of the grouds. The spray travels like a white fog across the property to the sea. I was running with my two kids away from the smoke. I ran onto the beach and then had to run down the beach to get out of it's path. Other guests said that it bothered them to and what they were using is banned in the USA. I even put wet towels under my hotel room doors and the smell still got in.
Other that that, the food buffet's were so-so. And the service was hit and miss depending on who you got. Rooms were very nice.
BTW- no one swims in the ocean there- just FYI- the staf say it is not safe. Not sure why. I think I will try the westin next time.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Resort
- Intercontinental Panama
- Playa Bonita Panama
- InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort And Spa Panama/Panama City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort & Spa offers tropical resort seclusion just minutes from Panama City and the wonders of the Panama Canal, where the Miraflores Visitors Center is a must. The colonial and shopping districts, Amador Causeway, Punta Bruja Nature Reserve and the Gamboa Rainforest Resort aerial tram are all less than an hour away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.