We have stayed at this hotel twice. My only issue is that they spray for bugs at about 4PM everyday. The stuff they use I believe is very toxic. It caused me have an asthma attack. Hotel staff did not care when I told them. They spray by the hotel, all around it and then on some of the grouds. The spray travels like a white fog across the property to the sea. I was running with my two kids away from the smoke. I ran onto the beach and then had to run down the beach to get out of it's path. Other guests said that it bothered them to and what they were using is banned in the USA. I even put wet towels under my hotel room doors and the smell still got in.
Other that that, the food buffet's were so-so. And the service was hit and miss depending on who you got. Rooms were very nice.
BTW- no one swims in the ocean there- just FYI- the staf say it is not safe. Not sure why. I think I will try the westin next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you need is here at this luxury hotel in Playa Bonita Panama, from golden sands to jungle walkways, infinity pools to 10,000 square metres of tranquil spa. Feel transported in tropical resort seclusion just minutes from Panama City and the wonders of the Panama Canal. Explore the colonial and shopping districts, Punta Bruja Nature Reserve or simply watch the ocean from spacious suites or the Lighthouse restaurant at this luxury resort hotel in Panama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- InterContinental Playa Bonita Resort And Spa Panama/Panama City
- Playa Bonita Panama