“All is rectified” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 111 Hotels in Panama City
Whitesboro, New York
“All is rectified”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2006

Who says the power of the pen can not solve issues that really bother you? This is a follow-up posting to the one written below because of a great thing that happened because of this website. A fellow traveler saw my review below and sent me an email and asked me questions about Suites Ambassador. I explained to him that the hotel all-and-all was a great deal (based on the expected cost) and the staff could not have been better. The pool was great and the rooms were perfect - the billing problem is what soured me on the hotel from the start. Well the fellow traveler stayed at Suites Ambassador last month and gave them a printed copy of my review. They immediately got in contact with me and I'm happy to say that my credit card was refunded the entire amount today. Although nearly 2 years later, I was reimbursed. I can't exactly explain how or why there was a communcation break-down but I'm sure it can be attributed to my moving from London to DC a year ago.

Suites Ambassador is in a great location and a bargain for the business traveler, family or anyone in Panama for the first time. I do suggest that you book directly with the hotel and avoid the hotel booking web sites. You'll more than likely get a better deal and you won't have to worry about the possibility of being double billed.

Good luck and travel smartly.

Stayed September 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2004

My husband and I have stayed at the Suites Ambassador at least 4 times. The staff is welcoming, helpful and pleasant. It is NOT, however, on the beach. It IS downtown and convenient to everything.

The suites are roomy and comfortable, but certainly not luxurious. Everything is very clean. The pool is small, but servicable. We enjoy eating our breakfast out on the "balcony" off of the breakfast room and watching the city come to life. When we go our 4 year old grandson, who lives in Panama, visits and has plenty of room to run around.

There are plenty of very nice restaurants within walking distance(also McDonald's is only a block and a half away).

The beds are comfortable. The coin operated washers and dryers come in handy.

We have had opportunities to stay at newer hotels for a little less money, but the "suite" would not be nearly as large. Suites Ambassador works well for us, almost seems like home, and we would highly recommend it!

Osgood, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2004

We stayed at the Ambassador. Excellent value for the money. I could not have afforded a beachfront condo with a private balcony at most of the large condos. The Ambassador is a small condo with most rooms accomodating 4 comfortably. If you are looking for all of the comforts of home, stick to the larger condos. If you are looking for a clean comfortable beachfront (but much smaller condo) it is a great value!

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2004

Arriving in Panama, we hooked up with a wonderful cab driver who was with us for the next 3 days. He took us to the places we wanted to see and wouldn't let us go to places that could cause us some problems. We shopped with the locals, saw the canal, took a 2 hour bus ride up into the mountains. Panama is not really ready for tourist. The food was good and cheap, but there is really nothing to do. We stayed at the Ambassador Hotel which was in a good neighborhood, you could walk around a night. Don't wear jewelry, flash money etc. The hotel was O.K. clean and breakfast was great with all the fruit.The staff was helpful. Prices on name brand clothing was fantastic. but watch out for sizes in the local shopping areas, the sizes are not as generous as ours. We met a couple from Florida and did everything together, that made our trip fantastic. Don't go if you want a Cancun. This is a third world country and there is proverty everywhere.

Been to Wyndham Garden Panama Centro? Share your experiences!