“Really clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Centroamericano Hotel

Save Saved
You added Centroamericano Hotel to your Saves list
Centroamericano Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave. Ecuador 4-24 Esq. Justo Arosemena | La Exposición, Panama City 830648, Panama   |
Ranked #46 of 108 hotels in Panama City
Anchorage, Alaska
“Really clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Clean rooms, ac, hot shower,nice staff. What more could I want? Hotel restaurant wasn't the greatest, but other than that, all was good.

I'm supposed to write more, but that's all I had. And this still isn't enough. Sometimes tripadvisor is really annoying in their requirements.

Room Tip: Not sure. I wasn't there long.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
hcpanama, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Centroamericano Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Hi, thanks for your comments, We are glad that you have been pleased with what we offer, we are a small family run hotel, but we give special attention to these details.
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write, you maybe not give it importance, but you do us a great favor, both to recognize our job or to help us improve, so we appreciate all your troubles.
We hope to return soon, we will be happy to receive.
If you want you can follow us on our facebook page, (Hotel Centroameicano, in the search box) or in our instagram (hotelcentroamericano).
Andrea Perez

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We moved here for one night after getting virtually no sleep at the much higher priced Casa Nuratti. It was very basic, but it was clean, pretty spacious, and had a fridge. The room we were in was also very quiet. A cooked breakfast was included. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi, thanks for your comments, we are very pleased that you had a good stay during your time in our hotel, we try to provide the best service to our guests and appreciate to be valued.
We hope to return soon, we will be happy to receive.
Andrea Perez
GT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I totally recommend this mid budget hotel for pets and people. the concierge was very friendly, and was not phased when i had not booked my dog (a Hungarian Viszla, so quite large) in advance. Though I do recommend giving them a heads up. There is a park very close by 200yds, where you can walk your dog. Not recommended at night time though.
I also recommend the Garlic Clams in the restaurant next door, for $5.50 they are a bargain. Friendly staff and good service, the red wine was not bad either. All in all a good place to hang after a stressful plane journey from Grand Cayman to Panama, via Miami with your pets.

Room Tip: Small rooms, but clean. Pet friendly.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for this amazing review, like i said many times, we are dog lovers, so we are pleased to receive our 4 leg friends always, anyway we do recommend to give notice first, basically for the guest comfort, because the sizes of the rooms change, and if you bring a dog, we try to give you a larger room.
It is very important to us that our customers recognize our work and be satisfied, so we hope you enjoyed your stay in Panama, and come back soon we will be happy to receive you and your dog again.
You can follow us on our Facebook page, (HotelCentroamericano, in the search).
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Hotel is at good location, offers good breakfast, very friendly staff, nice & clean rooms. I did not need Hot water bcoz of Panama weather so it was fine for me. AC works well.

Swimming Pool is not there, this is the only thing which i missed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello, thank you for your review and the positive comments you write, we're glad you had a good stay at the Hotel, we strive to provide the best service possible, and is very important to us that our customers recognize the work and be satisfied.
We do not count with pool, we would like so, but for now we didn't have that possibility, so sorry!
We hope you come back soon, we will be happy to receive you again.
You can follow us on our Facebook page, (Hotel Centroamericano, in the search bar).
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

A simple, clean place to stay with great service. The desk clerk went out of her way to notice and correct a difference in my reservation and what I was charged upon arrival, saving me 5 bucks. The included breakfast was good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hello, thank you very much for writing us, we are very happy that you had a pleasant stay during your time in Panama, we are very proud of our staff when they receive recognition from customers, and they also greatly appreciate your comments, and encourage them to continue doing a good job.
We're glad you enjoyed your breakfast at Cafe San Andrés.
Hope you come back soon, we will be happy to receive you again.
You can follow us on our Facebook page, (HotelCentroamericano, in the search bar).
Minot, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

First, the good: the air conditioning works well; the hotel is close to the ocean and some restaurants and attractions; the restaurant that is connected to the hotel is awesome -- good food, good prices, very friendly people working; the price for the room is good if you are on a budget.

Now the not-so-good: there is no hot water by design (be ready for cold showers); some of the front desk workers are friendly, some are not (the front desk man who works over night/early morning was very rude); the shower needs to be thoroughly cleaned of mildew, soap, and mold; the front-desk can do very little for you (I asked for change for my money, no. I asked for soap or quarters to do laundry, no.); there are not simple things like an iron available; walls in room are dirty and scuffed; bathroom floor needed to be sweeped and mopped; the neighborhood is iffy (was propositioned twice by prostitutes on the close-by streets).

This seemed like a good place for me to stay as I want to stay at some place that is local and offers some local flavor. I was very wrong. I felt like the front desk was worthless at everything except taking my money, and that they didn't want to be bothered with questions or helping me.

This was a disappointing experience except for the excellent attached restaurant. That was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hello, thank you very much for writing, we appreciate the positive comments you mention, and we are sorry that you found some inconveniences that made your stay a bad experience, we are a small family hotel and we really strive to provide the Best Service at the Best Price Possible.
We're very glad that you liked the Café San Andrés so much, and enjoyed the delicious food.
We do count with hot water, but being a single tank which should fill the entire hotel takes a while to heat the water, but I can assure you we have heaters running all the time.
I am sorry you had a bad experience with the night clerk, thank you very much for letting us know, we always try that our staff provide the best service possible and help all our guests, but we can not always control it, in any case we will take action in the matter, but for the rest of the front desk that you mention that never helped you and gave you pure negatives, sometimes some receptionists who do not master the English language prefer to answer with yes or no, to make themselves understood better and not give rise to misunderstandings, this it may sound a little rough, but we do not want to offend you or anything, because we always try to have change and soaps for laundry, but sometimes we run out before we know it, but our intention is to always try to help you with everything is in our hands.
The showers, bathrooms and the whole room is cleaned, swept and mopped with professional products every day, if you find any stains or soap remains it was a mistake and we are very sorry, but I can assure you, we always care to maintain cleanliness as priority number one.
Thank you for your criticism, it helps us to improve these details to provide you a better service.
I hope you consider this response.
Andrea Pérez.
Vinings, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I would definitely recommend another property if you’re looking to stay more than 2 or 3 nights. This hotel is good for one night only. The property has a restaurant, which serves excellent local cuisine. The breakfast is generous and the waitresses provide excellent customer service. The room was ok, nothing fancy and a bit smaller than what I saw from their website. The location is good if you want to be close to the city, but be aware that is not the most secured or tourist area. My biggest complain will be the clerk at the front desk working the third shift, he really makes your stay a bad one, worst customer service I experienced in Panama. I complain about not having hot water, and he replied he couldn’t do anything, that I will have to wait until next day to be fixed. He never offered an apology, or changed our room. We ask for a nearby places to visit or go out for food, he never had an answer, he look more interested playing with his computer than providing guest with a better experience. Management you should do something about this, because I was not the only customer complaining about his services. Overall, I recommend another hotel or if you really need to stay in this area, make it just one day.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor..
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
hcpanama, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Centroamericano Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hello, thank you very much for writing, we appreciate the positive comments you mention, and I am sorry that you found some inconveniences that made your stay a bad experience, we are a small family hotel and we really strive to provide the Best Service at the Best Price Possible. We have different room types ranging in size, what we show in the photos are a summary of all. Thank you for recognizing the work of the waitresses in the restaurant, they also appreciate this and motivate them to continue doing a good job.
About the area, we are close to the Cinta Costera, Casco Viejo and other tourist attractions of the city, and I can assure you that at night is pretty quiet and safe, there are many embassies and government buildings, but there are a lot of offices in the area and it can seem a bit lonely at night, but there's nothing to worry about.
I am sorry that this happened with the night clerk, thank you very much for letting us know, the truth is that we always try that our staff provide the best service possible and help all our guests, but we can not always control it, in any case we will take action in the matter!
Thank you for your criticism, it helps us to improve these details to provide you a better service to our guests.
I hope you consider this response.
Andrea Pérez.

Been to Centroamericano Hotel? Share your experiences!