“Lovely hotel and staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TRYP Panama Albrook Mall

You added TRYP Panama Albrook Mall to your Saves list
TRYP Panama Albrook Mall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Centro Comercial Albrook Mall, entrada Koala | Corregimineto de Ancón, Panama City 000000, Panama   |
Special Rate
$109 (USD)
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Panama City
San Isidro, Argentina
“Lovely hotel and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went here with my husband to spend a few days in Panamá for shopping, etc. The location is the best! But the service that we have received, from Guillermo, helping us with our luggage and Matilde at the reception, made us feel like home! We recommend it for everyone who would go to Panamá City!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Glenn S, Director General at TRYP Panama Albrook Mall, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thanks for your review! We love that you enjoyed our hotel and location but the best thing is that you received a personalize service just as home! Our staff is our more important value, we already congratulate Guillermo & Matilde for your excellent comments. Hasta Luego. – Glenn Simon, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife & I spent 8 days at this hotel & just returned yesterday. It was a short vacation and our 1st trip to Panama. The hotel room was very comfortable and the front desk personnel (especially Gregg), were very courteous & helpful. They helped us on more than one occasion with translations & dining recommendations. The breakfast buffet provided was varied & more than sufficient. The General Manager, Glenn Simon, went out of his way to make us feel welcome.

Doug Fernandes, Anaheim, CA

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front preferable
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Fernandes, Thank so much for your excellent comments, I am so happy that you enjoyed our great hotel and that you felt our rooms very comfortable and the front desk personnel very courteous & helpful, we congratulate Gregg for his very good job! Hasta Luego. – Glenn Simon, General Manager.
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a nice property, new and modern. Could be a great hotel, but alas ...
I booked a stay for two adults and two kids in a standard room. The disappointment started at the front desk, when checking in. The clerk tells me that a standard room with two beds only allows two people, and so the second child would cost extra. Why would a room with two beds allow for three people? Either two people can sleep in one bed or they cant, right? This "this misunderstanding" was luckily quickly resolved by my firmly stating that I booked a room for four people, was quoted a rate for four people, and that's the rate I am going to be paying. The clerk backs off, and gives me the room.
There is no hot water in the shower. I call the front desk, and ... They send up a guy with a pitcher of hot water. I explain to him that's not what I meant, take him into the bathroom and demonstrate the problem. He says "ok, no problem" and leaves. We go out for a dinner and come back in several hours. There is no hot water. I call front desk, they say "ok, no problem, five minutes". I wait half an hour then go to sleep. No hot water in the morning. Keep calling. "Ok, no problem". No problem? I just came from a hut in the middle of the jungle, and they had hot water. This is freaking Wyndham. I don't care how beautiful their pool is (havent seen it actually), not being able to take a hot shower is a problem. A huge one.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We really appreciated your comments and we want to apologize if we did not meet your expectations.
We keep working to increase our service so we hope to welcome you back again and have the opportunity for make things better. Sincerely, Glenn Simon, General Manager.
Gulfcoast, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I go to Panama often, and fly into Tocumen, but out of Gelabert in Albrook. I have spent the night in dozens of different hotels, including Trump! This hotel is as nice as the rooms at the Trump, has more space and costs 1/3 of the price. It is attached to the Mall. This mall is one of the biggest I have EVER seen anywhere! Modern yet you can get local items as well. Every time I stay at the Tryp, I am very pleased. The beds are firm and comfortable, and the showers are large and great water pressure. Its close to the MiraFlores locks, and plenty of taxis. My only advice is to book your taxi direct with a driver, not the hotel. They charged me $36 to go to Toucumen, and a cab direct costs $5! Food was good. Pool was great on the roof. Live music was good, yet i didnt hear it in my room on the 3rd floor. I will stay here every time!

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor get alot of noise and traffic due to the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Glenn S, General Manager at TRYP Panama Albrook Mall, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your excellent review, it is great that you stay every time in our beautiful hotel and that you felt very pleased with our comfortable beds, great pool on the roof and live music.
Your suggestions are very important to us, tourism taxis create “The Top 5 Carriers” to places of interest with more accessible prices, hope this can help.
We will love to welcome you back again!, Hasta Luego. – Glenn Simon, General Manager.
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed two nights in april 2014. I originally chose this hotel because ofthe location. It is close to the bus terminal because i would be traveling to colon after a few days in the city. And it is also coneccted to albrook mall which os one of the biggests shopping centers in panama. The staff was amazing. The staff greeted me all the time and was always very helpful and Most of the staff spoke english. The rooms were beautifully furnished and immaculately clean. The rate of the room came with free breakfast and it was a FULL buffet breakfast. The pool is on the rooftop which gives you a spectacular view of the city. This hotel was amazing. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
We are more than happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay =) and the more important thing is that you felt our staff amazing! greeted you, helpful and most of them English spoken, also helps our great location and beautiful rooms.
Thank you for your excellent review and hope to welcome you back again. Hasta Luego. – Glenn Simon, General Manager.

Been to TRYP Panama Albrook Mall? Share your experiences!