“Undecided” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #111 of 469 restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: International
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Llego a Panama un nuevo proyecto del mas alto nivel, disenado por el famoso arquitecto espanol Ignacio Garcia de Vinuesa y liderado por el top chef reconocido mundialmente Elias Murciano, logrando una fusion con los mas altos estandares de diseno y alta cocina.Un lugar unico y exclusivo con tres ambientes, en donde podra apreciar en su interior sus bellos y abstractos disenos y, disfrutar de sus dos terrazas al aire libre con las mas espectaculares vistas panoramicas la costa panamena.Este restaurante viene a revolucionar la gastronomia en Panama, con un staff altamente calificado en la mas exacta preparacion, coccion y presentacion de platos que seran un verdadero extasis al paladar.
Panama City, Panama
“Undecided”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We live in Panama and were excited to hear about this place. The view from the bar when you first enter is great and I would highly recommend at least going for a drink in the evening to enjoy the deck. The décor inside is very well done and I love that they incorporated some of the original building into their plan. Service was maybe a tad bit over average - until dessert, when we were just forgotten about. We felt it was pricey and the menu leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of fish or beef, but nothing really in between. I ended up ordering the mushroom ravioli - $18 for 3! While extremely tasty, it was highly over-priced, especially since it is actually meant to be an appetizer. My husband was happy with his steak although I didn't care for it. Our table's food was all cold when it came out. When we mentioned this to the waitress, she said she could heat it up in the microwave. Perhaps more attention to bringing out the food when it's ready would be more appropriate. We are undecided on whether or not we will return to eat. We will probably go back for drinks, but I think better value and quality can be found elsewhere as far as food goes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Rome, Italy
“A special experience in Panama”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Capital Bistro Panama is a place worth visiting in Panama. Sipping a glass of Chilean wine, overlooking the Panama Bay and enjoying the breeze on the beautifully set terrace is complemented by modern, fusion cuisine and what we thought was a very dedicated service. The portions are small - true - but it comes as a relief when compared to massive panamenian standrad portions which are in no way a delight for a fine palate.The boeuf tartare with soya ice cream is a must. Go - its worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“Bad service, bad food, pricy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

It is expensive and the food is nothing special. The only good thing here is the view on the city. Wineglasses are only half full and when asking to put a bit more you get the answer that this is not allowed ... What place is this? They want to make money selling 2 half full wine glasses in stead of one full one? Now everybody ges there because it is new and famous ... I am curious to see if they will be successfull still after a couple of month. Will never go there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Panama City, Panama
“beautiful site, terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Two friends from Canada were visiting and we decided to try this new restaurant, located in a superb place in the Old City. One of them was staying in a great hotel close by so we said, why not? So one of us reserved for two persons, but at the end the third decided to come along. Never, in Panama City, adding one more person to a reservation was a problem. This time, we arrived, asked for our reserve and explained that we were three instead of two. The waiter asked the maitre d´, who told HER, that they have no space for us. He turned his back to us and simply left.... We were astonished not only of the refusal, but mostly by his attitude. This is supposed to be a fine restaurant. Maybe, but with very low standards.... - will never go there again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Based on my experience, one of the best restaurants in Panama!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I have been a couple of times to Panama and it was hard to find a restaurant like this one. I mean, there are good restaurants, with delicious food in the city but none of them have the cuisine and location that this offers.

I went with my family during the week they opened so we decided to try the degustation menu. I don't know if they have it regularly but it was really good. It included 7 dishes that went from 2 appetizers, a mini soup and a ceviche. Then we had a grilled octopus, and a different version of a carpaccio as starters.

We had a fish, with a light white sauce and then a good piece of beef with mini veggies before the dessert. We finished with homemade ice cream and mini fruits, very refreshing.

One thing about the restaurants in Panama is that is the lack of good service. Here the service was good, I noted how the waiters served properly (first the women, then men). It's not a super formal concept but it's like a bistro.

I made a research before going there and apparently the chef used to run a restaurant in Madrid that was awared with one Michelin star.

Another thing about this place is that it's possible to have a conversation. I tried other restaurants in Casco Viejo and in the Punta Pacifica area and they are loud. So if you have a business meeting, come here.

They have a beautiful terrace where you can see the whole skyline and the sea.

One bad thing about this restaurant is that it doesn't have that many tables so you might want to reserve before if you don't want to wait.

I hope you enjoyed as much as I did.

• Visited March 2013