“true oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Lugano, Switzerland
“true oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Walk in the extreme heat until you get here, it's worth it. Good coffee and nice, cool place to rest, read and chat.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bandon Oregon
“best find in Casco Viejo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had breakfast in this wonderful cafe every morning we stayed in Casco Viejo. The coffee was amazing, the pastries delicious , and the service and conversation the best. If you go here, be sure to eavesdrop on conversations about how the cafe came to be, or just ask Alyce! You will know her by her gracious smile and wonderful hospitality. Do not miss this special place in this wonderful re-emerging city!!

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“A must in Casco Viejo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Across from the Tantalo is Casa Sucre. This is an eclectic space with good coffee drinks. I enjoyed meeting the owners Alyce and Rich Sherman who are from Kansas City. I am from that area, so we had something in common. They were also helpful in giving me other restaurant suggestions! Make sure to stop in while exploring Casco Viejo! It is a new operation. I would have had breakfast there also if mine had not been included in my rate.

• Visited March 2013
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“A Treasure of a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I went sightseeing in Casco Viejo one very hot day. Of course, the city is being restored to it's former glory so there is a lot of construction. About lunchtime, we somehow stumbled upon Casa Sucre Coffeehouse. What a delightful surprise that was! The welcome was warm as the day outside, the decor elegant and peaceful. Our lunch was served with the words, "Prepare to enjoy." The food was so fresh, delicious and beautifully presented. I only wish we had known about Casa Sucre Boutique Hotel & Coffeehouse prior to our trip..we would have very much enjoyed staying there.

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Wow - This place was just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My brother and I stumbled into this place on a stinking hot day. To be greeted with friendly faces, good coffee, food, music and air-conditioning. Friendly local engaged us in their conversation within moments I felt like I was in my local back home. A great sense of style in every aspect of this place.

• Visited January 2013