“One of my better meals in Panama City” 5 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #33 of 453 restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Vegan
Chicago, Illinois
“One of my better meals in Panama City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a wonderful lunch in a very elegant but contemporary setting. It was a great experience with great food and service. I had a perfect tomato and shrimp salad and seafood risotto with squid ink.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Wonderful spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Really enjoyed this restaurant. The ambiance was gorgeous and the food delicious. In the old town area and well worth the time and effort to find. On a side street near the park. Beautiful.

Visited January 2013
McLean, Virginia
“great vegetarian and seafood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had an excellent lunch there on March 24th, 2013. My wife and I ordered a salad and a quinoa dish for appetizers, fish for our main course, and we shared a desert. The food was excellent, the service efficient and friendly.

The decor is modern with clean lines. Overall an excellent dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Panama City, Panama
“High priced - low value.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had lunch at the Veggie moon Restaurant with my wife and a friend. The restaurant was nicely furnished and the service good. What a great disappointment when the food arrived.

I had a carpaccio of tuna fish with 5 slices and a just chopped tomatoes with a small splash of sauce. Main course was ravioli with prawns and vegetables. (It was really the size of a starter) and not anything special at all. The Balboa beer was charged at $4 a bottle!! ( a record for Panama) We did no have wine as the prices were so ridiculous. The best wine was at around $130,00. My wife had a starter of a corvina hamburger. It was acceptable and she followed it with the same ravioli as myself. Our poor friend had a type of grissini with a blue cheese sauce and was not as described on the menu. Then her main course was presented in what resembled the type of clear plastic bag that one gets at a fairground when you win a goldfish with a plastic covered tie at the top. This was cut by the waiter with scissors on her plate. It was supposed to be fresh cooked corvina with a tomato soup and had a few shrimps an mussels floating around. She tried to eat a small shrimp but could not as it was hard to even get her fork into. I tried one and it tasted disgusting like it was a dried and not properly soaked shrimp. The mussels were dry and the whole thing was inedible. Our friend stated tis but no apology given. Oh and a bottle of water around $7,00. All together $148,00 wasted !!!! Certainly would never venture anywhere near it again!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Playa Coronado, Panama
“Such hope, such disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Three of us went for lunch. The menu looked interesting, but the descriptions (both Spanish and English) are not representative of the dishes I ordered. For an appetizer I ordered fried bread with gorgonzola mousse, but what I received was a pile of thinly sliced veggie tempura with blue cheese dressing. It tasted fine, but it wasn't what I expected.

For the entree I ordered red snapper in tomato soup with crisp bread. It arrived in a clear cellophane wrapper with a hard blue plastic garbage bag zip tie. I should have taken a photo of the presentation, it was positively vile. It looked like steaming vomit. The waiter snipped the top off with scissors. The bag held a fatty piece of fish, sandy baby clams, 1 piece of squid, 3 soggy masses of fried bread in a tablespoon or two of tomato soup, and baby shrimp that were so overcooked I couldn't even poke a fork tine in them. I tried a few bites, but couldn't eat the meal because nothing tasted fresh. It was like the bag was pre-purchased and tossed in the microwave until it became inedible. My friend tried it too but he couldn't get his teeth in the shrimp. When I ordered the entree I pictured a French meal, but it was more like what the French's cat's rats eat. My friends' meals were mediocre, certainly not worth the price. When the waiter collected our dishes he asked if mine was OK and I told him it was inedible, yet I was still charged $22 for it. Our lunch bill for 3 appetizers, 3 entrees, 1 bottle of water and 3 beers was $148.00.

Given that the service and atmosphere were nice and my friend's meals were edible, though not noteworthy, this place gets 3 stars. But we'll never go back and we won't recommend it to anyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere