“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TRYP Panama Centro

You added TRYP Panama Centro to your Saves list
TRYP Panama Centro
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Veneto | El Cangrejo Bellavista, Panama City 00000, Panama   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 111 Hotels in Panama City
Florida
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was only there for one day, but I was sad to leave! The hotel was wonderful, modern, and clean. I had paid for a normal room just for myself, but was upgraded for free to a suite. I'm still not sure why, but I most definitely didn't complain. The front desk is extremely friendly during my entire stay. The breakfast in the morning was simple, but good. This honestly was the best hotel that I have stayed in, and I have traveled to many places in this world. (PS-the view from the roof is amazing, make sure to head up!)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Jose C, Director General at TRYP Panama Centro, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear pepino2366,

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! We are delighted to know that we exceed your expectations and you liked our hotel and service that much!

We are also sad to know that you could not stay any longer at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro. In fact, we would love to see you again in the future so please, do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you plan to come back to Panama!

Thank you again for give us such a great feedback!

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had a great experience at this hotel overall. I stayed from February 7th to February 9th. My flight was delayed 2 days so I was going to miss a couple of nights at the hotel. I called the hotel to inquire about the nights that I would not be there and they fixed everything very quickly. I spoke to Bernat Amill, the manager, and I was not penalized for the nights I wasn't there. I spoke to Bernat about activities that I might be able to do in my short time there and he gave me a bunch of suggestions and was very helpful. Any interaction that I had with the front desk was great, everyone was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean, and fresh towels were given everyday. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good, they had a good variety and the waffle maker was a big plus. The only thing that was disappointing was that we didn't know that once you leave the table, you can't grab anything else from the breakfast area. My friend wanted coffee and was denied. The free wifi was another big plus and worked really well. The roof was amazing, a beautiful view, and the pool was clean and refreshing. The only thing that we did not like was that the hot tub wasn't hot at all. It was a great experience, and I would definitely return here.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which was nice, 504
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Jose C, Director General at TRYP Panama Centro, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Steeley D,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are glad to know that our staff could assist you with anything you needed during your stay at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, from the front desk staff to the MOD Manager Bernat. It looks like you had a wonderful stay and this make us really happy.
We hope you did not have any trouble flying back home. We would love to have you back here in the future as you missed two nights due to the weather conditions.

Thanks for your information about the breakfast. Please kindly note that our Executive Chef is currently working on it in order to solve that problem. We are also taking care of the hot tub.

We look forward to seeing you!

Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

When we arrived after a 24 hour flight we ordered Pizza with room service. They ended up delivering a frozen margarita... And then they would'nt accept to charge us at our bill, we had to go down to the lobby and pay in cash. Sort of takes the meaning away of ordering room service... The hotel is OK otherwise. My mobile phone got stolen in the (locked) gym, but I guess that's not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jose C, Manager at TRYP Panama Centro, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Mrs. Matilda

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay back in December with the room service. I cannot undo what happened, but make sure that I will pass this to our Executive Chef in order to take the measures to correct this, also I will take make sure that a situation like this do not occur again and hopping that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Thank you for your feedback and don't hesitate to contact us if the travel bring you back to Panama again
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

10 floors of rooms, three of parking, one for spa and pool. 9th floor rooms with suites: bedroom, bathroom, and living room. Living room with closet with dozen hangers, and lighted safe large enough for laptop. Large sofa, mini-fridge barely cool, 42” flatscreen TV, writing desk, window, connects to bedroom. Bedroom with comfortably stiff king bed, 4 medium stiffness pillows. 42” TV with a few English channels (CNN, no BBC, and some movie stations), two dozen Spanish channels (Panama, Columbia, and Mexico), mostly national sports and news, and telenovelas. Three drawer dresser. Large second closet with second safe, iron and board. Beige walls with white ceiling. 3-D prints on walls. Dark brown trim and doors. Large window with screen curtain and opaque curtain. Little traffic noise. Little hallway noise except near elevator and during housekeeping rounds.

Large bath with 1 meter by 2 meter shower, no tub. Brown tile floor, modern white ceramic and chrome fixtures. Good hot water, okay cold water. Powerful A/C. Key card needed to activate everything in living room and again in bedroom but only one card issued upon check-in. Key card required for A/C to work with separate controls in each room (so two cards needed to keep everything powered).
Free Wi-Fi worked OK. Hard-wired Internet outlets visible. Standard 110V North American style outlets. Sony alarm clock with iPod gen-4 connector. Wakeup calls mostly worked OK. Light wood floors.

Two slow elevators. Lobby bar in dining area. Half dozen stools. Only bottled Balboa and Panama and Corona. ($2.50 at happy hour). Bar closes at 10 pm. Small reception desk with friendly staff, maps don not contain street names, so not useful for walking. Breakfast area with a dozen 2-top and 4-top tables and two long tables with bench seating. Gets a bit crowded and servers get behind even for a buffet. Very mediocre breakfast fare: cereals, one egg dish, one fried dish, weak fruit juices, muffins, and few whole fruit. Catered lunch buffets not much better. Gastro Bar with Spanish and International tapas menu was untried. Superbowl Sunday party. Two Internet PCs in lobby with printer available upon request. Outdoor terrace pool (10 by 10 meters) within earshot of nearby 20-story high-rise construction. 10-person raised spa. 4-top rattan tables and six rattan lounge chairs without cushions around pool, a few small drink tables. Adjacent bar with shaded seating and TV showing sports. No roving drinks or snacks servers seen. Gym just inside. No Wi-Fi signal.

El Congrejo district with numerous restaurants and bars nearby. $10 taxi to Casco Antiguo (if an honest driver/meters not used). Hotel taxi seemed to charge common zone-based rates. Information book in room shows 22 nearby businesses, including Istmo Brew Pub (1 minute walk) and La Rana Dorada Bar (10 minute walk). ATM across street inside non-24-hour pharmacy. Nearby grocery store with a fair selection of beers.

Overall, a comfortable hotel for a base of operations. Relatively quiet neighborhood and fairly quiet non-smoking rooms and facilities. About 40 minutes from airport unless during commute times.

Room Tip: Avoid elevator chime noise. Check if room faces nearby construction. Higher floors mitigate traffic...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jose C, Director General at TRYP Panama Centro, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear beerdrinker2005,

Thank you very much for your comment above. We do appreciate it as it is written detail by detail. For sure our customers will be happy to have all that information to set up their trips!

Thank you again. Beyond your review, we are glad to know that we could exceed your expectations and you had a great time in Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro. We hope Panama City is one of the best 300 cities you have been already!

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We started our trip in Panama City and stayed here.
The hotel is located in the best area in town.
modern, clean rooms. The roof top bar and pool is outstanding. Great views.
Lots of restaurants and things to do. You won't be disappointed.

Go to Via Argentina. The Grill and Co. Restaurant is phenomenol. Alberto and his brother Enrique are the best hosts, as well as the owners. Service and food are second to none.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Johngil,

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to know that you liked our facilities and also the area around our property. Indeed, we are located in the core of the city between the city center and the bank zone.

Thank you for your tips to go. We are sure our customers will keep them in mind!

Greetings from Panama!
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

One of the best hotels I stayed in recently. Great location, extremely friendly and competent staff and a very nice breakfast. The location(and rooftop view) is also a plus. There is plenty of dining options around and the walk to the centre is very easy. I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jose C, Director General at TRYP Panama Centro, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear SKris,

Thank you so much for your great comment and rating! We are delighted to know that you liked our property that much! In fact, we just won the Travelers' Choice 2014 Winner for the category of Top Hotels (best ten rating hotels in Panama) and Bargain (best quality-price option). Thanks to all of you!!

We are so glad to know that you would recommend to other customers and friends that Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro is a great choice to stay at! Thank you again and we wish you a wonderful 2014!

Best Regards,

Been to TRYP Panama Centro? Share your experiences!