“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TRYP Panama Centro

Save Saved
You added TRYP Panama Centro to your Saves list
TRYP Panama Centro
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Veneto | El Cangrejo Bellavista, Panama City 00000, Panama   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 107 Hotels in Panama City
Glendale, Arizona, United States
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel is very nice. The service was great and the staff was very kind and helpful.The room was very nice and clean. Hotel had rooftop pool and gym. Great restaurant in the hotel and nearby and Veneto Casino was down the street. Great walking area with plenty of shopping. Hotel gave me a late check out free of charge since I had a late afternoon flight.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jose C, Gerente at TRYP Panama Centro, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest

OOn behalf of our entire staff I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro. Is good to hear that your stay was wonderfull and that our staff met your espectations.

Please dont hesitate to contact us when the travel bring you back to the area.

Looking forward to see you again..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay. With the seven-night discount we got from booking on their site, it was only $85/night. The room was fabulous--VERY comfy king bed. These were the best nights' sleep I've had in a while. Extremely clean and well appointed room.

The rooftop pool was small but clean and a wonderful treat after hot days in the city. One of my only complaints was how inefficient the rooftop bar was. Apparently they don't keep change there because settling your tab requires them calling down to have someone bring up change, which took about 10-15 minutes. This happened every day. That reminds me of the very slow two elevators serving the entire hotel

Free wifi! Lots of complementary offerings if you forget anything (e.g., deodorant, toothpaste). Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest

On behalf of our staff thank you for your stay and letting us know the great experience you had and also the concerns about the Rooftop bar service. I will work on this last one in order to adjust our operation and give the service as it should be. I already had a meeting with the manager of the area and did the proper adjustment in order to have a better service at the Rooftop.

Thank you again and hope you can visit us one more time..

Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nice new hotel just up the street from Veneto Casino. The resturant in the hotel is very spanish and delicious. The potatoe appetizers are killer. Came home and had to make them. The staff Ronaldo and Gabby were the BEST! Both are very helpful and always a smile on their face. They make you feel like your coming home. We loved the roof top pool. The views were incredible and so relxing are sight seeing all day. We stayed 3 nights upon arrival and at the end of our month of driving around the country we stayed two more nights.

It's too bad we had to check back in on Sunday March 24 and had a very slow staff. Cloudio and another girl worked the front desk. It took us 37 minutes to check in and we were the only ones. We won't let this experience stop us from returning to this little gem in a big city. Maybe these two staff members can take Above and Beyond, a customer service class.

Room Tip: Higher up for the great views of the city
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for letting us know your experience and great time during your stay, also your comments about some specific staff that did not perform the check in as it was supposed to be. I will work on this issue with our Front Office Manager so we can adjust our operations in order that you always receive the same experience as it was at the first check in you had.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if the travel bring you back to the area and you can give us the opportunity to make it right for you one more time..

Thank you so much!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed 3 days recently at the Tryp by Wyndham. I joined the wyndham rewards club and I was upgraded inmediatly to a higher room floor. This hotel had everything one would need for a stay in the city. the rooms were clean, modern, with two bathrooms, a living room with Led TV. the view of the skyline and bay was worth sitting in a chair and just watching the city go by. the pool,hotub, and bar on the Rooftop area floor were awasome for a relax time.
the breakfast included in the room price was fresh and well laid out , wasnt a big buffet but premium quality. The restaurant and bar had fantastic offerings and we had the small burger bites and the spanshi paella one night. We were also walking distance to excelent restaurants and nightlife just for more fun.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view city skyline
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

On behalf of our staff at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro I would like to thank you for your comments letting us know that you we exceed your expectations during your stay at our hotel.

If there is anything we can do for you in the near future don't hesitate to contact us and we will go above a beyond to exceed your expectation again..

Thank you so much!!
Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

It was a wonderful experience, a very clean, quiet, well located near all the major sites of the capital. The restaurant is clean, efficient and very attentive staff and elegant and relaxed.
  A very good relation between product cost. The check inn was impeccable and fast, with efficient and smiling receptionists. Also check out was flawlessly and fast.
  When I Ask about things to do in the area because I was interested in concerts and plays, I was surprised how knowledgeable and prepared you are about things to do in Panama!
  Definitely highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a world class service with the best location
Roman Arosemena

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your comments and recent stay with us at the Tryp by Wyndham Panama Hotel. We are committed to do our best every day and it is good to hear that you have a great experience during your visit.

If the travel bring you back to the area please don't hesitate to contact us and will be more than glad to pamper you again.

Thank you so much!!
David, Panama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

On our last visit to Panama City we say this hotel and thought next time we would like to stay there. I have a permanent residency card for Panama and am eligible for the jubilado discount on hotels. I called the hotel itself to make the reservation and let them know I wanted the discount. They told me the only way to make a reservation was online. I explained that I wanted to make the reservation with a jubilado discount. They again said make the reservation online. So I made the reservation onlilne and in the comments place added that I wanted the jubilado discount. There was no where else on the form to add discounts. I place the reservation and printed a copy.
We arrived at the hotel at 2:45. Check in was at 3. The front desk people all acted like they did not know what they were doing.It took several very young people looking at multiple computers and making phone calls a little over 40 minutes to figure out a room for us get to us to the point of paying for the room. I don't even know what that problem was. They kept saying everything is okay. Then I must have laid a bombshell. They told me what the room rate was. I said that I had asked for the discount on my reservation which they also had a copy of in their hands. They said no. That I should have made the reservation by phone. I told them I did try and was told they would not take a reservation on the phone. To make a long story short. I did not receive a jubilado discount. I would have taken my business elsewhere except it was late in the day and I had no idea where else to go or what they would charge.
The room was okay. For being new it seemed a bit sparse. The safe in the room would not work. You could not use the pool, because all the ladders to go in and out were gone. There was no way after jumping in that you could possibly get out without a ladder.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. There are several in this neighborhood I
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Please apologize us for this miss understanding and lack of performance by our reservation staff. We do handle Jubilado rate discounts and it can only be book directly with us. It was mishandled by our front office staff. During your visit we were doing some repairs at the pool ladder but it only took several hours. I will make sure that our maintenance staff will use the appropriate sign in order that this situation does not happen again, the pool was suppose to be close during this time with no access by any guest.

If you have the time please contact me directly and I will be more than glad to help you with future reservations or any other needs you could have.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

smilly- service oriented people working there, can make you feel at home. Calling you by your name and making the hospitality a great experience. For sure will come back there next time in Panama. Great food at the Gastro Bar, you should not miss the brownie with ice cream, great dessert.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

On behalf of our entire staff and myself I would like to thank you for staying with us at Tryp by Wyndham Panama City. It is good to hear that your visit was a pleasant one and that we did our best during your stay hoping that you can visit us one more time.

Please don't hesitate to contact us for your next reservation..

Warmest Regards

Been to TRYP Panama Centro? Share your experiences!