“Could never go wrong with Hilton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Panama

You added Hilton Garden Inn Panama to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Panama
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Eusebio A Morales y calle 49 A oeste | El Cangrejo, Bellavista, Ciudad de Panamá, Panama City, Panama   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #42 of 112 Hotels in Panama City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Barbados
“Could never go wrong with Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was a "very" short stop over in Panama and with many choices, I finally decided on Hilton Garden Inn and in no way I was disappointed.
The check-in process was quick and easy with no problems.
Our room was on the 13th floor, unfortunately not a good view but not necessary when in Panama in my opinion. Comfortable bed, adequate work space on the desk and bathroom.
The wifi option was free (not sure if it always is) but also accessible from the room.
A quick visit to the spa on the 16th floor is an absolute must at night.... amazing view of the skyline !!
If you're not one for eating at the hotel, they're many other options within walking distance at reasonable prices.
Breakfast is an optional request and it's your typical business hotel when it comes to breakfast. Not a major selection for choices and when we got down there about 8:30 all the eggs were gone. Not sure if or when it would have been replenished but we still managed to have a good breakfast.

With that said, I'll admit they're MANY choices of hotels in that immediate area and I'm sure that some could be even much better than the Hilton but for a first choice I wasn't disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alejandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you very much for completing our survey. We want to satisfy our customers and provide the best service so your comments are of great importance for Hilton Garden Inn Panama.

We hope to visit again and we promise.

You can count on us.

Alejandra Frago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My second stay has confirmed the first - everything one needs: breakfast included in the room rate; wifi that is free, available everywhere in the hotel, and allows three devices on one login; iron & board already in the room, a pantry-shop at reception, truly great food at the restaurant @ $20-25 for two massive courses, elevator music that inspires rather than sickens, beds with variable softness, friendly staff and concierge, a free business centre where I punched out a print in 15 seconds from entry.... a rooftop spa with a magic view, a limited gym, taxis waiting at the front... cLean & modern... All for a little over $100 per night?

Room Tip: There is a massive building being constructed next door, so ask to stay on the side of 49east.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
That these lines are carrying sincerely, at the same time we want to thank you for your comments about your stay in our Hotel Hilton Garden Inn Panama.

Your comments help us to ensuring the quality of service and to improve every day.

Thank you once more with his presence at our hotel and in our city. If you want something please do not hesitate to contact us.

Alejandra Frago
Quality Assurance Coordinator
Hilton Garden Inn Panama
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

It was the best. Cordial staff, clean rooms, great location, affordable price. Didn't notice any families so perhaps better suited for adults. Nice contemporary decor and small restaurant near lobby but seemed a bit high priced.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Alejandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Panama, responded to this review, March 14, 2013

We want to satisfy our customers and provide the best service so your comments are of great importance for Hilton Garden Inn Panama. Our purpose is to satisfy you in every moment of your stay that's our guarantee.

Best regards
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I wish the management would get rid of that photo. I was worried about staying here because the front of the hotel looks terrible. Taken from another angle (outside the Torres de Alba for instance) it would look much better.

Someone said the rooms were dirty. I sure did not find that to be true. Everything about the room I had was good and it was all very clean. The only problem I had was that the bed was super hard and I had to get up several times in the night to stretch. At checkout I saw that these beds are supposed to have a control that makes them hard or soft depending on your needs. i went back to the room and there was no notice about this and I could not find any control. Maybe only some of the rooms have this. They need to make that clear.

Room Tip: At this time there is construction in the back. Ask for a room facing the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

We want to satisfy our customers and provide the best service so your comments are of great importance for Hilton Garden Inn Panama. Your comments was referred to Front Desk Manager from our Hotel, so the can keep working in their procedures for that kind of problems do not happen again.

Best regards,
Portland, OR>
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is very nice for the money and there are plenty of bars and restaurants all within walking distance. The coolest thing of all was stumbling into a restaurant called Duran and low and behold The" Roberto Duran" jumped up and greeted us. The breakfast that is included was really good also. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Best Regards.
Mexico City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My frustratations started from the moment I checked in, after 4:00, and my room still wasn't ready. When I asked the receptionist questions about the local area, she was rude and impatient with me. The next day, I realized that there was no coffee in the room for the coffee maker, so I called the reception. They said they would send some up. After waiting a half-hour, I called back, and they told me that they didn’t have any coffee for the rooms. But they never gave me the courtesy of calling me back to inform me of this. When I called back, they told me they’d bring me coffee from the restaurant, but it never arrived.

I returned to my room that evening, to find that the bathmat and washcloths were not left in the room by housekeeping. I called to request them and had to call a second time when they still hadn’t arrived after 20 minutes. Trash hadn't been removed.

Then to put the icing on the cake for this frustrating stay of rude and inattentive service, I woke up on Monday morning, in a rush to get ready, check out, and catch my flight, to find that there was NO WATER in the bathroom! Now this is the absolute rock bottom in a horrible hotel experience when no water comes out of the shower!

This hotel is definitely not up to Hilton standards. From small things such as there being no pad and pen on the desk to big things like no water in the shower, this was an all-around bad experience. If a property has the Hilton name, I expect Hilton standards of service. I would not stay at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Needed a place to stay 1 night in Panama City. This is a newer hotel and the appearance and cleanliness show. Staff was very friendly and bi-lingual which was terrific since I don't know much Spanish. The location is right in the heart of the city and is close to many amenities. There was a restaurant downstairs but the hours were short so I couldn't eat there. The rooms were pretty spacious and everything went well. Would recommend for a short stay, otherwise not many amenities if staying for long periods.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Panama? Share your experiences!