“Best meal of our trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 602 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Mediterranean, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A European French styled restaurant- bar- terrace, a very upscale nice place for an international crowd. 55 seats inside, 24 seats on the terrace for lunch, tea & drinks and dinner. Open from Monday till Saturday from 11pm to 3pm and from 7pm to 11pm. The menu does have French & Mediteranean classics with daily fresh "honest" food for reasonable prices, a very smart bar and a Paris styled terrace.
Naperville, Illinois
“Best meal of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I planned on dining here before we even arrived in Panama. We were only visiting for 3 days and dining at Cafe Chic was a priority. We were there for dinner on Saturday, March 2 and we were not disappointed. We were a little concerned at first because there were very few customers, but our server approached us with a welcoming smile and we settled in for a delicious meal. Unfortunately, we had a late lunch that day and I wasn't very hungry. Our server mentioned that the salads were quite substantial, so I ordered the shrimp croquettes, which were wonderful, and the salad with warm goat cheese which was perfectly dressed. My husband enjoyed the excellent house-made pate followed by the roasted half chicken which was flavorful and moist. Our only wish is that there were more French wines available by the glass. We will be returning to Panama soon and will definitely return to Cafe Chic!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
roeland b, Owner at Cafe Chic, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your very positive review! The fact that you had planned your visit to Café Chic already before arrival at Panama means that Tripadvisor is reliable ! We are very happy we had you as our guests and that you really enjoyed our home made food and service.
We hope to welcome you again any soon soon at Café Chic!

San Luis, Costa Rica
“Fantastic dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went to this cafe with with 3 friends on a Wednesday night. It was jazz night, and the music was fantastic. From my experience, table service in Panama City is not very good, but the service we received here was exceptional. We split a bottle of wine, and not once did someone's glass go empty before the waitress was there to top one off. The food was delicious. I had a specialty hamburger with Roquefort cheese, though it wasn't cooked quite as I specified when ordering. The atmosphere was quite "chic" with low lighting and unique ambiance. The overall experience was great, and I think the other people in my party shared the same sentiment.

Visited February 2013
roeland b, Owner at Cafe Chic, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for all those compliments!! It's great you had a good time with us at Café Chic!
Yes Wednesday night was a very good ambiance with the Arturo Villarreal Trio.......we are very happy to know that you liked the service and the quality of our food. Enjoy your days in Panama
and hope to see you soon again.

Panama City, Panama
“Great Place, Great Food, Great Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went with my wife for the third time last Wednesday. This time they had a great trio playing good relaxing jazz. The place is very clean, and the owner being European, has decorated the place with a very pleasant Parisian atmosphere. The tables are well placed around the restaurant with with plenty of space between them. The staff knows how to treat their customers and they are always paying attention to what the clients need. The food was perfect. Great quality, with proper portions and very reasonable priced for what you are getting. I personally recommend the shrimp croquettes. I will be back many times, specially on Wednesdays, so I can enjoy great food with a bottle of good wine and a great band. I totally recommend it

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
roeland b, Owner at Cafe Chic, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thanks for all these great compliments! It shows that you really like the place! Yes we are happy and proud that our efforts are paying of , that people like you notice all these details. The Arturo Villarreal Trio is now playing every Wednesday with soft classic Jazz and Bossa Nova. People are having a great time and keep on coming back. We are happy you like the décor, our intention was to bring an urban, clean European feeling to Panama and and serve quality, fresh , classic French food and for very reasonable prices. It is very rewarding for us that you recognize all these details
and it helps us to improve even more with a great motivated staff!

Thank you once again and look forward to see you again next Wednesday with more Jazz & Bossa!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“A nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was looking for a restaurant near my hotel and I found the comments on the Café Chic. I hesitated to go because of a negative review, but I was pleasently surprised by this restaurant. I really had a great time, the food was very nice and tasty. I had the paté the campagne as a starter, steak frites bernaise and a chocolat mousse ! The staff was very nice, the place confortable with nice people and the bill I paid was very reasonable ! this as exactly what I was looking for. I suppose that the bad review was a mistake and not for this great restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
roeland b, Owner at Cafe Chic, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thanks you so much for your great feedback! We remember you very well, while you were waiting
at the bar for your table. We are very pleased to know that you had a great time with us and that you surely can rely on the ranking of Tripadvisor. We too think that the negative review was "a mistaken identity" and not for Café Chic. Anyway you got exactly what you wanted and what you were looking for, the quality of our daily fresh honest food, the good and friendly service in a nice comfortable European setting.

Hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Panama!

Soulful regards,

Boston
“A gem; still off the radar of the travel books”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

All four members of our party (including two finicky kids) ordered different things, and all four dinners were flawless. So was my mojito. The room was simple, charming, and the service was very good. I cannot find fault with a thing, though I am puzzled why the place was so empty despite its obvious quality and the strong reviews on TripAdvisor. Perhaps things don't get going until later in the evening?

Visited February 2013
roeland b, Owner at Cafe Chic, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! We are very pleased that your party had a good time at our restaurant and the compliments for the food and service are very welcome! It's great to hear that you were all 100% satisfied, this encourages us to continue to improve our quality and make Café Chic a must for nice people with a good taste for quality food! Yes you are right people start coming in quite late in Panama.

Hope to welcome you again any time soon!