“Here, you participate at your neighbour´s life” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort

You added Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort to your Saves list
Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Tocumen | Vía Tocumen, entrada al Corredor Sur Panamá, República de Panamá, Panama City, Panama   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #28 of 111 Hotels in Panama City
Bogotá
“Here, you participate at your neighbour´s life”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel is next to the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle.
I decided to stay here as I had an early morning flight out of Panama and the traffic in Panama is very bad due to all the construction works going on.

I checked in after 10pm - no queues at this time - and got a room on the ground floor.
Upon entering my room, I figured out that the walls are very thin - the neighbours had small children and I was hoping that the fiesta would end soon.
The room looked a bit worn out - dirty carpets; dirty wall. A small smelly minibar (empty).

11pm; 11.30 - but next door the familiy was still discussing private matters.
Around midnight I decided to take my free drink at the poolbar which luckily was still open - a cold beer tastes always well - and if it´s for free, it tasts even better.

When I got back to my room, neighbour´s TV was still playing - but luckily I was so tired that I felt asleep.
Next morning - everything quiet. Except the neighbour´s TV.

I decided to check out the gym which had an disgusting smell - probably due to the high humidity in Panama. The ceiling was very low - too low for tall people.
The range of equipment is very limited; some broken - see picture.
Better than nothing - but far under expectations.

Next, I went for a quick swim - the water in the pool just had the right temperature.
A nice pool - in a tropical environment. I enjoyed.

Then I went for breakfast: buffet! Some fruits, bread etc. - basic, but OK.

Summary: Kick out the architect who made/designed the walls!!!!

Room Tip: Hope that you have quiet neighbors!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Phenix City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is wear I stayed on the tale end of my two week trip to Panama. The service and staff were all excellent. They have remodeled the rooms since I went last year and I think they look wonderful. This hotel is just Fabulous. It is a hotel for anyone and everyone. It is also great for the kids if you have a family.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RiandeHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Nick,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, I would like to thank you for staying with us at the end of your trip in Panama.

Thank you so much for your positive comment; I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our new-and-improved rooms and facilities. You are right to say that we are the ideal hotel for any traveler that wants to be close to Panama Tocumen International Airport (PTY).

I hope to welcome you back at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort soon.

Saskatoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here at an overnight stop on our way and coming back from Ecuador. We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the airport and the free shuttle service. It was perfect for our needs. The shuttle service was frequent. When we were ready to go, the shuttle bus was there. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. We booked through booking.com which also worked out well. I just presented my confirmation print and they provided us with a free drink coupon as well as our breakfast vouchers. Breakfast was OK. We ordered some chips and salsa/guacamole at the outside lounge when we had our free drink. That was very good. We used the wake up service, which was fine. Neither my husband or I speak spanish, and that wasn't a problem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel,Casino & Resort, I would like to thank you and your husband for choosing to stay with us.

I am glad we met your needs and expectations and that you were able to enjoy your free drink whilst relaxing in our lounge. Thank you for sharing your impressions about our impeccable cleanliness, comfortable signature beds and punctual shuttle service on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the time and effort you put into writing about us.

I hope to welcome your significant other and yourself back very soon.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The place was clean, staff was helpful, but something was missing at this Panama Airport Hotel. The hot tub was at room temperature, pool was full of screaming kids (nothing against kinds, but surely hearing somebody else's kids splashing and screaming around the pool area kills relaxation..}, and I feel the food was way overpriced (kinda taking advantage that there is nowhere else to go, unless you have a car... but again, if you had a car would you stay near the airport? )

Anyhow, the staff was amazing and that surely helped. The shuttle van was very efficient, and check in very rapid!

Oh.. and the breakfast was very good!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear NYCAlfredo,

On behalf of the entire staff at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, Thank you for choosing to stay with us when visiting Panama.

I appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback and am happy to hear you enjoyed our modern, clean facilities and friendly staff. I am sorry to know we did not meet your expectations and hope we can change your mind during your next stay in Panama. Your comments about our menu prices and the temperature of our jacuzzi has been communicated to our kitchen and maintenance staff.

If you return to Panama, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at janetmay@riandehoteles.net so we can make your stay a special one.

Maynooth, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here on a stopover recently. The airport is only 5 minutes drive away from the airport which is great.

It has the appearance of a resort hotel with large blocks of apartment rooms around a central pool. The gardens are very nice but the rooms look a little dated.

Having said that, I was tired when I got there and had to leave reasonably early the next morning so didn't get to use all the facilities.

I did eat dinner and breakfast in the restaurant which was fine. The airport shuttle but is a big plus.

Would stay here again but might prefer traveling into the city if I had more time to spend in Panama city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wrightser,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, I would like to thank you for staying with us in October.

We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback and value your opinion. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our proximity to Panama Tocumen International Airport (PTY) and our dining offer. Please know that our property underwent major renovation in 2010 and that everything was changed, from beds to public spaces. I do hope next time you visit us you get the chance to try our wide range of facilities; we have tropical gardens, a swimming pool and jacuzzi, a gym, a spa, games room, padel courts and many more things to offer for you to enjoy during your stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance at janetmay@riandehoteles.net

Warm regards,

Oceanport, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had early flights, so wanted to stay close to the airport. This hotel was a pleasant surprise! The courtyard area is beautiful, and we ate a late dinner there by the swimming pools. Rooms are clean and modern. Airport shuttle is fast and reliable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RiandeHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Deborah,

On behalf of the staff at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, I would like to thank you and your family for choosing us as your home when visiting Panama.

I am pleased to hear you were able to relax in our beautiful gardens without having to worry about missing your plane thanks to our fantastic shuttle service.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us and giving us a positive review on TripAdvisor.

We hope to welcome your whole family back very soon!

Somonauk, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very nice hotel. Clean and Friendly staff. Front desk employees spoke English. Omar C the poolside bartender really did a great job taking care of us even though his English was minimal he still gave Excellent service. Would definitely stay there again. Loved the poolside area and spent most of my time there

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Glj60,

On behalf of the entire staff at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, I would like to thank you for choosing us as your home when visiting Panama and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. Also, thank you very much for your beautiful pictures.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to make the most of our tropical gardens and swimming pool. Your comment about Omar has been communicated to him, to his delight. He provides excellent service and we are lucky to have him as a bartender.

We hope to welcome you back very soon, our staff's cocktails await you!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!