“Totally Remodeled...good.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort

You added Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort to your Saves list
Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Tocumen | Vía Tocumen, entrada al Corredor Sur Panamá, República de Panamá, Panama City, Panama   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #29 of 111 Hotels in Panama City
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Totally Remodeled...good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is the perfect hotel for travelers needing to catch early flights out of Tocumen or simply to relax away from the city traffic and hustle. Check in went fast and efficiently. I have been staying at Riande Aeropuerto for the last 30 years but now the property has been remodeled completely. The lobby is spectacular, the restaurant has improved greatly, and the rooms have a very modern decor. One down side to our room was that it had no chest of drawers since its decoration is minimalist. The iron/board have to be asked for to the front desk, but they brought it quickly. All of our extra requests for some service or repair were answered very quickly. The service in general is excellent. The restaurant menu is varied and food quality is good. Both North and South expressways go by this hotel which makes it accessible to downtown and the former Canal Zone. The airport free shuttle timely loops every 15 minutes, so the wait at Tocumen was short. The ride takes 5 minutes from point to point. Los Pueblos shopping center and Metromall are at a very clese distance. With no traffic it takes 20 minutes to reach downtown Panama.

Room Tip: Request rooms overlooking the pool area. The other side faces either a highway or a contruction site...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Juan G, General Manager at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Pedro Torres,
Thank you for the kind comments concerning your previous stay.
We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay an our property.
W e thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and we look foward to another opportunity to welcome you to The Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort.
Please contact me on your next travel arrangements to Panama City at aeropuerto@riandehotesles.net, I´ll personally supervise every detail during your stay.
Kind Regards,
Juan Garrido

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

On the bright side, I appreciate the nearness to the airport and other business I had in the western part of Panama City. It certainly delivered me from the awful traffic jams where the other most popular hotels are located in downtown.

However, I must warn you of all the inconveniences I suffered during my 4-day stay here. It begins with the poor, turtle-slow Internet connection. Added to that, the signal was just strong enough to keep me connected near the aisle. When I moved to the interior of my bedroom, the signal became weak and got me disconnected over and over.

My first room had a noisy A/C so I moved to the next room which was well until the room next door was occupied. Then I realized behind the nice flat-screen TV on the wall, there was a hole, that is right. A hole where the cable connected TVs for both rooms. When the neighbors had their TV on, I could hear everything from that room coming through this hole. Really uncomfortable.

The nightmare is complete because of the lack of safety box. That is, there was a safety box in the room but it was locked. When I called the reception to have it unlocked a guy came and tried but he left just saying that "some of this safety boxes are defective and cannot be unlocked" so my only choice was to change again the room.

Room Tip: There is no perfect room in this hotel. Those on the side of the pool get a strong Internet signal...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Juan G, General Manager at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Estusal,
First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing the Riande Aeropuerto on your last stay.
We appreciate the feedback on your previous stay, this information in essencial to us in our ongoing quest to provide a top of the line product and service.
On behalf of all the staff, i would like to extend my apologies for the inconveniences these issues could have caused. I have met with my managment team to adresses internet and sefety box issues in our property.
We look foward to having once again in Panama, and hope to have your patronage once again.
Please dont hesitate to contact me concearning your next travel plans to Panama at aeropuerto@riandehoteles.net, I'll personally see we exceed your expectations.
Kind regards,
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We made a reservation at the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel for the night before an early-morning flight from nearby Tocumen Airport. Judging by the mixed review of this hotel in our guide book, we didn't expect anything special, just convenience. How wrong we were! The Riande Aeropuerto Hotel is a beautiful oasis, with its marvelous palm and orchid-filled courtyard, cascading waterfall, generously-sized swimming pool with underwater stools at a bar on one end to which you can swim up and enjoy a rum punch (on the house!), and lovely outdoor dining area. We had an excellent and reasonably priced dinner in the inside dining room, with a view of the beautiful courtyard. Before supper, while admiring the grounds, I happened to meet the gardener (Felipe) and asked about the different varieties of coconuts I saw in the palms. Before I knew it, he and an associate had pulled down 2 coconuts and had them brought them to our room, tops removed and straws included--a first-time tropical treat for us. After we left for the airport in the morning, I realilzed I had left a coat in our room, one that had belonged to my mother and had great sentimental value for me. It was too late to go back for it. Now, a week or so later, my coat is back with me in West Virginia, thanks to the efforts of Riande employee Veronica Guerra, who went to a great deal of trouble to arrange shipping through Fed-Ex. If we ever have the pleasure of returning to Panama City, I would make a special effort to ensure that our trip included a visit to the Riande Aeropuerto. Besides being very close to the airport, it is only about a 15-minute taxi ride to the center of Panama City, and would be a lovely retreat to return to after a day of sighseeing. I wish we had discovered it sooner!
Susan and Peter Fischer

Room Tip: We had the "standard" room, on the 1st floor, facing a parking lot--though there were no c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Fischer,
Thank you for choosing the Riande Aeropuerto.
I congratulated Felipe & Verónica on how well they managed each situation. It's very important to us you have a great experience during your stay.
If you ever plan on coming down again to Panama City, don't hesítate to contact to me at aeropuerto@riandehoteles.net, I'll see we exceed ypur expectations.
kind regards,
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Hotel offers a variety of entertainment and has a beautifull pool with bar. The rooms are very spacefull and modern. Very friendly Staff and a excellent qualitzy of food in the restaurants. We only can recommend to spend your last day in this resort to avoid too much stress before your depature at the airport. 3 Min by free shuttle service!!!
We will come back !!
ANDREA & PATRICK

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrea & Patrick,
Thank you very much for choosing the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort.
We are very happy you had a great experience with us.
Please don't hesitate to contact me concearning your next travel plans to Panama at aeropuerto@riandehoteles.net, I'll personally see we exceed ypour expectations.
Kind regards,
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nice hotel and very convenient being close to the airport. Decent restaurants and nice decor with free 5 minute shuttle to and from the aiport. Relaxed surroundings

Restaurant was good and I would definately return on my next stop over in Panama

Bad points were related to the music at the pool went on quite late and I heard it in the room and some noisy traffic could be heard also so room soundproffing not very good.

Dayton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The decor here was very peaceful, gardens lovely with orchids growing on sides of palm trees. Service was friendly, rooms very nicely appointed. Delighted that a place this close to the airport was available to rest and refresh before facing the stress of international flying.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I loved this hotel from the zen decorations, comfortable beds, welcome drinks,free full breakfast, free in room Internet and free shuttle service from airport and shopping malls. The pool and spa areas are also a plus.

Room Tip: There is a long walk from lobby so if you have difficulty walking ask for closer room to front desk.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!