We spent one night at the Hotel Deville in early December. After a hectic flight, (flights canceled on American due to ice in Dallas, so new flights on United with extremely short layovers) we wanted a quiet, clean and comfortable place to rest for the evening and spend half of the following day. The Deville delivered!!!
Upon arrival the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The lobby is beautiful and very relaxing and inviting. We were taken to our room, Junior Suite,top floor, down the hall to the right when getting off the elevator. Second room from the end on the left. I can't remember the number. (31 maybe???) It had a bit of a view of the front and of the city, over the roof of the neighboring building. No Problem:) Everything was clean and as expected. The bed was heavenly and we slept better than I can ever remember in a hotel. It was a Saturday evening and the area was very quiet. I am a light sleeper and did not hear any noise.
The TV worked well as did the hair dryer and the shower, with plenty of hot water.
We ate dinner in the on site restaurant, which was alright. The service was a bit slow and the food just OK. Nothing special, but not bad either.
We ate at the included buffet in the morning and there was plenty to eat. Not a lot to choose from, but hey, who needs a huge variety. There was sausage and eggs, and many pastries and fruit and juices. You can fill your plate as many times as you like to be sure you get full.
I used the business center to print our airline tickets for our flight that day and it was very efficient and fast. I do not know about WiFi in the room, as I did not use it. My cell phone did not work the entire time I was in Panama, so can't rate that. I guess Verizon does not have permission to use the towers in Panama, or something. Nothing on it worked, and I travel a lot so do know how to set it so it works in foreign countries.
The following morning we walked around the city. The Hotel is in the middle of the financial district surrounded by high rises. You are close enough to walk out to the ocean or walk around the financial district. We found it very interesting. We then hung out in the lobby for about 45 minutes until our driver arrived to take us to Albrook Airport. By the way, anyone needing an excellent driver while in Panama City, Francisco Stanley (email@example.com) is the answer. Very knowledgeable, speaks excellent English and several other languages and will take you anywhere you want to go at a reasonable price!!
On our return to Panama City we opted to stay in Casco Viejo for 3 nights and got no sleep. It is party central, all night long!!! Wish we had stayed at the Hotel Deville again and just had our driver take us to Casco Veijo for an afternoon visit.
If we ever return I would definitely stay at the Deville again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DeVille Hotel was conceived as a Beautiful Boutique Hotel, taking you back in time, all the way to the romantic era when Ferdinand de Lesseps was making the first intent in digging the Panama Canal; hence its French name, its comfortable furniture imported from former French colonies, its cozy, quiet oversized rooms, reminding you of other epochs; but also with all modern amenities and services, like Cable TV, minibars, WiFi Internet Access, coffee makers, hairdryers, safety deposit boxes and all other amenities you have come to expect in the best hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel DeVille reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deville Hotel Panama City
- Hotel DeVille Panama/Panama City