By far, two thumbs up. This hotel offers something that most hotels often fall short in, and that is customer service. My first thought when I arrived was, "Wow". Before I could fully step out of the taxi, Bellboy supervisor Aristoles Vallester took my bags and with a beaming smile from ear to ear, welcomed me to the Crowne Plaza Hotel. You could literally feel a sense of ownership and pride. Immediately, I knew that this trip was going to be a very pleasant one.
I was then greeted by the Front Desk supervisor, Nilka Thyme who also had a smile that was so warming that I thought perhaps she knew who I was beforehand. The check-in process was effortless and I found myself in my spacious hotel room with a breathtaking view of Panama City.
The Crowne Plaza Hotel is located in Panama's banking district and is also surrounded by a ultra-hip night life and boutique restaurants and shopping. It literally is The Place To Meet, offering 4+ conference size meeting rooms with accommodating projector screens and a buffet-style catering set-up.
The Crowne Plaza also offers a business center with private computer stations and internet connections. Their conceirge, Ventura Morales was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. When it comes to traveling, getting my bearings and understanding the area literally keeps me on schedule and he was an absolute saint in helping me acheive this.
Additional amenities include a 24-hour, fully equipped fitness center, sparkling pool, clean restrooms with showers, a beautiful outdoor lounge with plenty of space and a gorgeous view of the city.
The hotel room itself was extremely comfortable with oversized bathtubs, a generous vanity area, WiFi access, mini-bar, flat screen television with cable access and HDMI input. The beds were so comfortable that I felt like I was sleeping on clouds. (LOL, if I only knew what clouds felt like).
Another plus was La Galeria restaurant which I graciously endulged in every morning. Offering a buffet style of traditional Panamanian foods, fruits, breads, cheeses, and juices I highly recommend starting your morning off with breakfast at La Galeria. Rightfully named, La Galeria offers visually stimulating pieces of artwork hand crafted by local artists and available for purchase as well. Need help deciding what to eat? Ask Food and Beverage Manager Juan Peralta or A & B supervisor Itzel Fernsodg. I came down a little late for breakfast one morning and Itzel asked me if I would like an omlet and actually MADE it for me. This is what I mean when I say that the team here goes above and beyond to make you feel welcomed.
The only advice that I would give is to make sure to give yourself plenty of time to get around if you are on a schedule. Due to the current construction of the subway system, the traffic gridlocks around 2pm to 6:30pm daily. It is best to either walk to surrounding establishments such as Multiplaza Mall (which took me one hour by cab to get to on my 2nd day here); the mall is literally less than 2 miles away.
The best means of transportation is via taxi. I refuse to drive in Panama unless it is to an outside province and even then I think it might be wise to hire a driver. Whatever your reason for being in Panama, the Crowne Plaza will help you acheive your travel goals and leave a lasting impression. I definitely recommend staying at The Crowne Plaza, a disappointment doesn't seem to be an option here. Cheers and enjoy your stay in Panama!
Ask me questions directly! Follow me on Twitter @anjiray .
Check out my video vlogs of the Crowne Plaza here---->
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you walk into the marble-floored lobby with grand columns and modern furnishings, you'll be greeted by the warm, welcoming staff of our Crowne Plaza® Panama hotel. And, if you're seeking hotels near the Panama Canal or near the banking area, we're just minutes from both destinations.Ideal for corporate travelers, our accommodations include a Business Center with personal computers and copy, print and fax capabilities. We have five banquet rooms, which can host parties of 200, and perks like Daily Meeting Debriefs by a dedicated Crowne Meetings Director, making us "The Place to Meet" in Panama City, Panama.When our hotel's guests choose to stay with us, they are only a few miles from first-class restaurants, nice casinos and great shopping. Pick up souvenirs from the Multiplaza Shopping Center and Albrook Mall, walk down to Casco Viejo, the historic sector of the city, or catch a performance at the National Theater. In addition, guests need travel only two miles from our hotel's location to reach the Panama Canal.After a long day of touring Panama City, Panama, our hotel's facilities can help you relax. Enjoy a traditional dish at our on-site restaurant, La Galeria, then grab a nightcap at the Memories Sports Bar & Lounge. With a Fitness Center, outdoor pool and the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage® Program, we have everything you need to stay comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Panama Hotel Panama City
- Crowne Plaza Panama City
- Panama City Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Panama Panama City