“Modern luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bristol Panama

Save Saved
You added Bristol Panama to your Saves list
Bristol Panama
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Aquilino de la Guardia | Bella Vista, Panama City, Panama   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 107 Hotels in Panama City
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Modern luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Fantastic room with modern and luxurious room. The bathroom was enormous and the WiFi fast. The breakfast buffet was top quality and the staff always attentive. Nice location near Calle 50 and Uruguay for dining options. I was very impressed with this property and the hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Between San Jose and airport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My son and I went to Panama on business. My lawyer set up our hotel reservations, and I'm glad he did. The location is right in the heart of the city, surrounded by highrises, restaurants, casinos, a mall within walking distance.

The guards and doormen immediately started looking after us when we got out of the taxi. We arrived at 9 am and not even a mention to us that we were early, we were given a very comfortable carpeted A/C room, pillow top bed, big screen TV, lots of towels, amenities, bathrobes, big bathroom, you name it.

It rained heavily the first afternoon and the guards were insisting we borrow their umbrellas, one of the front desk girls actually took their time to give us a map and show us where we could walk for various things, the room was quiet, the whole immediate area is growing beyond belief, but with the double pained windows you couldn't hear any of the construction.

The complimentary breakfast was outstanding, too much to describe, pastries, any style of eggs cooked right in front of you, a huge buffet.

Then because we had a late flight out, the front desk allowed us to stay in our room until 7 pm at no additional charge! Someone has taught this staff the meaning of service and it is apparent in everything they do, not cold robotic actions but friendly willing to help people who seem to genuinely enjoy their job. Great restaurant too. I'll stay here again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Maybe take the higher building for a better view, but I imagine all the rooms are quite comfortable
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Carolina V, Gerente at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear AdventureInn,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Bristol and thank you for taking the time to share your enthusiastic review.

It was our pleasure to provide the very best care to you and your son, and we are sincerely honored to have earned your loyalty.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Panama City during your next visit.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Hotel is located in the center of the new city, near to everything I spend 3 nights in this beautiful Hotel, the staff is amazing when you made check in the front desk explain everything very well, The Hotel have one restaurant and Spa, I have to say both are great.

The rooms are very big and the beds are very comfortable, they have a wi-fi is not complementary you have to pay but the quality is amazing, as I said before the Hotel have a restaurant call "Salsipuedes" is used in the morning for the Breakfast that is buffet is not to big but have enougth food also by the lunch and dinner the meals are great, I have to say if you want a cappuccino in breakfast it have a extra cost but is ok.

I visit the spa and was wonderful the staff very professional and the facilities very comfortable I recommend The Bristol massage is amazing.

Overall my stay was great only the A/C sometimes made a noise but that is it, definitely I will come back again!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Carolina V, Gerente at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear anatalya,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers.

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were met with the service and amenities you expect throughout the property and most notably with your spa treatment. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Estuve recientemente y fue excelente. Its really cute and confortable that you feel like home. All the decoration, rooms, spa, food and everything are a luxury! I highly recomend
it! I got in love with the bathrooms they are huge and have everything a woman need . Im looking forward to my next stay at Bristol Hotel.

• Stayed September 2014
Carolina V, Manager at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Jessmed10,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We appreciate your kind comments and are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been coming to the Bristol Hotel since 2006 and never been disappointed, in Sep. 2013 we came back the first time since the new tower was opened. we had a nice suite in the upper floors. The hotel was very helpful in offering my wife early access to the since she came in from Mexico and I arrived late afternoon.

The hotel, all outlets, spa, lobby and guest rooms are of highest possible quality in terms of materials used and art decoration. The suite we have had was large and offered everything one could think off including free wifi, excellent cafe and fruits.

Employees in my view have not yet adapted to the new settings, the "Boutique Touch" that used to make this hotel the number one in Panama is only partly around. Best service that we encountered came from Guest Service, outstanding and they truly go the extra mile to make a difference. Service in the lounge is slow, too many "heads" in suits that would truly benefit from "training" focusing on supervision and operational strength, jackets don't make managers, experience is.

What I truly found poor in Sept. was the fat that wifi in the lounge did not work in the week we were there however the Bar tender did keep telling every one it does!

Their "Lunch Buffet" in the lounge was excellent, no waiting snack based selection of high quality food great idea. When we came back a few weeks ago it was discontinued, shame I feel it truly was an excellent value and took pressure off the service staff. Now "a la carte" is at times when they have more than 3-4 tables at the same time very slow to say the least.

Bell Boys most likely are the lowest link in regards to quality guest service, we never got any help when arriving or leaving to the hotel and the kids are most of the time inside the lobby not able to see what is going on in the arrival area.

As I mentioned in my "head line" the hotel moved from a small Luxury Boutique Hotel forward to a larger City Hotel Operation and along the way lost that "Magic Touch" that it made it one of the best in the Americas. I truly hope they will find their way back closer to what they used to be, that very special hotel that would simply "blow you away" with its special touch!

Room Tip: I always try to stay on higher floors less noise and if possible up-grade to a larger room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Even if your stay was around one year ago, it is always good to receive a feed back from our valued guests.

I took note of your comments and I am happy to let you know that we are starting a strong training program in order to have this "special touch" again for our guests.

The Americas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We sat down at the 8.58 Restaurant Bar. Nice ambiance. No service. A young waiter (name withheld out of basic human kindness) took our order. One small pizza, two salads. 45 minutes later no pizza; no salads. The young waiter kept saying: "it's on the way". The place was 2/3 empty. He also said the kitchen was busy. The place was 2/3 empty. Three people came in after we had been there 35 minutes. Their food took 10 minutes. We stood up and left. An even younger looking "supervisor" showed up. Nice smile but not a clue of customer service. (name withheld out of basic human kindness). All he could do was go into the kitchen and ask the waiter. Then the "supervisor" said: "Sorry you are leaving; the salad [which we ordered 45 minutes before] is almost ready" To add insult to injury, he handed us the bar tab (less than USD10.00) and pretended that we should pay it. Finally he said we did not have to. Wow! How much courtesy!! The following words did not come out of his mouth (or the waiters): "We are sorry" or "We apologize". The supervisor escorted us to the elevator with his nice smile and had the guts to tell us: "Have a great day and come back soon". Is this guy nuts???? If I was the hotel's general manager I would fire the waiter and sanction the supervisor for their ineptness. I cannot talk about the food because I did not get anything to eat. What a disappointment in a property which is supposed to be one of the very best in Panama City. Their Food and Beverage Service is certainly near the bottom of my list.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

I was informed about this unfirtunate matter as you were with a friend of mine.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you. I know that will not give you the missed lunch, but I already tool some disciplinary actions as what occured is not admisible and never happened before.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Khartoum, Al Khartum, Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at another 5-star hotel in Panama City on our arrival but were a little underwhelmed, hence us trying the Bristol on our return trip. What a great decision. The Bristol has it all .... more than the obvious requirements of a good hotel, it had MORE - warmth, friendliness and understated class! Staff were superb, rooms were comfortable (if I have to be reeeeeally critical, I would say the room's lighting was insufficient), the restaurant was outstanding! Needless to say, we shan't be hotel-hopping in Panama City anymore! Our sincere compliments to all those who make this a great home-from-home hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room as well as our service in general. Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Thank you for your comment regarding the lighting, I will pass it to our maintenance team.

I suggest you to try our Spa at the 25th floor during your next stay with us.

Pierre Berthier

Been to Bristol Panama? Share your experiences!