“Moved on from Boutique Hotel to City Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bristol Panama

Save Saved
You added Bristol Panama to your Saves list
Bristol Panama
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Aquilino de la Guardia | Bella Vista, Panama City, Panama   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 107 hotels in Panama City
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Moved on from Boutique Hotel to City Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have been coming to the Bristol Hotel since 2006 and never been disappointed, in Sep. 2013 we came back the first time since the new tower was opened. we had a nice suite in the upper floors. The hotel was very helpful in offering my wife early access to the since she came in from Mexico and I arrived late afternoon.

The hotel, all outlets, spa, lobby and guest rooms are of highest possible quality in terms of materials used and art decoration. The suite we have had was large and offered everything one could think off including free wifi, excellent cafe and fruits.

Employees in my view have not yet adapted to the new settings, the "Boutique Touch" that used to make this hotel the number one in Panama is only partly around. Best service that we encountered came from Guest Service, outstanding and they truly go the extra mile to make a difference. Service in the lounge is slow, too many "heads" in suits that would truly benefit from "training" focusing on supervision and operational strength, jackets don't make managers, experience is.

What I truly found poor in Sept. was the fat that wifi in the lounge did not work in the week we were there however the Bar tender did keep telling every one it does!

Their "Lunch Buffet" in the lounge was excellent, no waiting snack based selection of high quality food great idea. When we came back a few weeks ago it was discontinued, shame I feel it truly was an excellent value and took pressure off the service staff. Now "a la carte" is at times when they have more than 3-4 tables at the same time very slow to say the least.

Bell Boys most likely are the lowest link in regards to quality guest service, we never got any help when arriving or leaving to the hotel and the kids are most of the time inside the lobby not able to see what is going on in the arrival area.

As I mentioned in my "head line" the hotel moved from a small Luxury Boutique Hotel forward to a larger City Hotel Operation and along the way lost that "Magic Touch" that it made it one of the best in the Americas. I truly hope they will find their way back closer to what they used to be, that very special hotel that would simply "blow you away" with its special touch!

Room Tip: I always try to stay on higher floors less noise and if possible up-grade to a larger room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Even if your stay was around one year ago, it is always good to receive a feed back from our valued guests.

I took note of your comments and I am happy to let you know that we are starting a strong training program in order to have this "special touch" again for our guests.

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
The Americas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We sat down at the 8.58 Restaurant Bar. Nice ambiance. No service. A young waiter (name withheld out of basic human kindness) took our order. One small pizza, two salads. 45 minutes later no pizza; no salads. The young waiter kept saying: "it's on the way". The place was 2/3 empty. He also said the kitchen was busy. The place was 2/3 empty. Three people came in after we had been there 35 minutes. Their food took 10 minutes. We stood up and left. An even younger looking "supervisor" showed up. Nice smile but not a clue of customer service. (name withheld out of basic human kindness). All he could do was go into the kitchen and ask the waiter. Then the "supervisor" said: "Sorry you are leaving; the salad [which we ordered 45 minutes before] is almost ready" To add insult to injury, he handed us the bar tab (less than USD10.00) and pretended that we should pay it. Finally he said we did not have to. Wow! How much courtesy!! The following words did not come out of his mouth (or the waiters): "We are sorry" or "We apologize". The supervisor escorted us to the elevator with his nice smile and had the guts to tell us: "Have a great day and come back soon". Is this guy nuts???? If I was the hotel's general manager I would fire the waiter and sanction the supervisor for their ineptness. I cannot talk about the food because I did not get anything to eat. What a disappointment in a property which is supposed to be one of the very best in Panama City. Their Food and Beverage Service is certainly near the bottom of my list.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Sir,

I was informed about this unfirtunate matter as you were with a friend of mine.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you. I know that will not give you the missed lunch, but I already tool some disciplinary actions as what occured is not admisible and never happened before.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Khartoum, Al Khartum, Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at another 5-star hotel in Panama City on our arrival but were a little underwhelmed, hence us trying the Bristol on our return trip. What a great decision. The Bristol has it all .... more than the obvious requirements of a good hotel, it had MORE - warmth, friendliness and understated class! Staff were superb, rooms were comfortable (if I have to be reeeeeally critical, I would say the room's lighting was insufficient), the restaurant was outstanding! Needless to say, we shan't be hotel-hopping in Panama City anymore! Our sincere compliments to all those who make this a great home-from-home hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room as well as our service in general. Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Thank you for your comment regarding the lighting, I will pass it to our maintenance team.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for the first & final night of my trip to Panama. I was going to be living on a sailboat exploring the San Blas Islands (Kuna Yala) for the week & this hotel was recommended to me by the staff for that sailboat. I am so glad I chose this location over the larger chain hotels as I feel I got not only a great deal but quality and personal service. The hotel arranged for me to store my luggage there for the week without charge & I thought that was a nice touch. The hotel has full internet/wifi which is a must when I am traveling & my suite room was exceptional as well. I would definitely upgrade to a nicer room- the views are of the city & nothing special but the room is very cozy & luxurious. Comfy dreamy bed & linens & a girls dream bathroom fixed with a jacuzzi tub/robe/ slippers!

~Great rates/prices comparable to other hotels in the area but Bristol's service, amenities, & quality of the hotel far exceeds the price you are paying to stay there!

~ I heard great things about the onsite restaurants but all I had time for was the room service food which blew my mind so I can only imagine the food in their two wonderful restaurant. In the evening they has a nightclub/loungy sort of atmosphere in the restaurant downstairs- I was intrigued to go in but was exhausted from my San Blas trip that final night. My friends ate at the upper floor restaurant and raved at how wonderful the food and atmosphere was!

~In addition to every detail of the room & hotel being pristine, the hotel room service food was out of this world! I highly recommend the sea bass dish on the menu- it was gourmet all the way & a pleasant surprise!

If I'm ever in Panama City again I would definitely stay here...I am a solo traveler but always enjoy the finer things in life- this hotel was safe, comfortable, & quality!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Although we just stood here for a night the hotel was really good, the service was excellent. When we arrives they welcome us with small warm towels, and the check in and check out process was quick. We went to San blas on our last day in panama and we didn't want to take the bags with us, so they gave us a locker where we could keep it. Couldn't try the spa, but it looked nice.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

You definitly will have to try our Spa at the 25th floor during your next stay with us. I know that you will not regret it!

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Amazing experience!! Spend whole weekend with my wife after business trip, just like another honeymoon. The luxury and romantic room really make us surprise, it is a classy hotel with best room, facility, condition and service. Would like to try the SPA next time, just couldn’t make it this time.
The big and luxury room is really romantic and comfortable, the classy decoration make me really like it.
The location is little bit hard to find, when my friend tried to give a ride for us, take a lot of time to find the place, and you need to walk a little bit to find good restaurant and bars.

Room Tip: If you want to have better view from the room, chose tower room and you will be in higher floors.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Pierre Jean Fra... B, General Manager at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

You'll definitly have to try our Spa on your next trip to Panama!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The installations are very nice, the attentions are excellent, the rooms are very comfortable, the gym area is very complete it is located in very good spot of the city.
The breakfast has many options where one can choose from and also have a menu if you would like to order something.

I recommended to anyone who needs to visit Panama on a business trip.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago

Pierre Berthier

Been to Bristol Panama? Share your experiences!