We have been coming to the Bristol Hotel since 2006 and never been disappointed, in Sep. 2013 we came back the first time since the new tower was opened. we had a nice suite in the upper floors. The hotel was very helpful in offering my wife early access to the since she came in from Mexico and I arrived late afternoon.
The hotel, all outlets, spa, lobby and guest rooms are of highest possible quality in terms of materials used and art decoration. The suite we have had was large and offered everything one could think off including free wifi, excellent cafe and fruits.
Employees in my view have not yet adapted to the new settings, the "Boutique Touch" that used to make this hotel the number one in Panama is only partly around. Best service that we encountered came from Guest Service, outstanding and they truly go the extra mile to make a difference. Service in the lounge is slow, too many "heads" in suits that would truly benefit from "training" focusing on supervision and operational strength, jackets don't make managers, experience is.
What I truly found poor in Sept. was the fat that wifi in the lounge did not work in the week we were there however the Bar tender did keep telling every one it does!
Their "Lunch Buffet" in the lounge was excellent, no waiting snack based selection of high quality food great idea. When we came back a few weeks ago it was discontinued, shame I feel it truly was an excellent value and took pressure off the service staff. Now "a la carte" is at times when they have more than 3-4 tables at the same time very slow to say the least.
Bell Boys most likely are the lowest link in regards to quality guest service, we never got any help when arriving or leaving to the hotel and the kids are most of the time inside the lobby not able to see what is going on in the arrival area.
As I mentioned in my "head line" the hotel moved from a small Luxury Boutique Hotel forward to a larger City Hotel Operation and along the way lost that "Magic Touch" that it made it one of the best in the Americas. I truly hope they will find their way back closer to what they used to be, that very special hotel that would simply "blow you away" with its special touch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Panama City’s bustling (Financial District), Bristol Panama is one of the city’s premier addresses for executive and holiday stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, LHW, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Bristol Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bristol Panama Hotel Panama City
- Bristol Hotel Panama City
- Bristol Panama City
- Bristol Panama Panama City