“great location and large cleans rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bristol Panama

Save Saved
You added Bristol Panama to your Saves list
Bristol Panama
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Aquilino de la Guardia | Bella Vista, Panama City, Panama   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #13 of 108 hotels in Panama City
nikitta28
“great location and large cleans rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Spent 2 nights at the Bristol in June of 2014. We speak practically no Spanish and were happy there were always bi-lingual front desk assistants. Our room was exceptionally clean and large. Breakfast in the restaurant was easy and better than expected. There was contstruction going on across the street but I never heard a pin drop in my room. Would stay here again. Easy ride from the airport.
Wifi available for $10

Room Tip: High up better view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room as well as our service in general. Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

I suggest you to try our Spa at the 25th floor during your next stay with us.

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed at the Bristol on our Panam trips on the beginning and again at the end of the trip. The Bristol is located in the heart of Panama City within close distance to shops and some great restaurants. The hotel is very modernm with fantastic staff working the concierge desks. The first room we stayed in was their standard room which was very nice, quiet, good working AC, high thread count linens, etc, but we were in the older tower and never quite got true hot water, only mildly warm. On the second leg of our stay we were upgraded to a suite in the newer tower which was amazing. We also had awesome water pressure and true hot water as well. (So request a room in the newer tower? ). Our stays came with a complimentary breakfast buffert which was wonderful. They had almost everything you could want including a manned omlette station. We also had dinner at the main restuaraunt on site (Salsipudes) and the food was excellent. Beautiful presentation and flavor, although smaller servings. We ate in the lounge on the 5th floor as well, which I actually preferred since it's a bit more casual with a better view, and had an extensive cocktail list. We tried out the spa on our stay and did the couples massagew which was relaxing, but if you are expecting an American-style "Swedish" massage you may be dissapointed. In all, I was very impressed with this hotel and would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room in the newer tower and hit up the bar in Salsipuedes for happy hour free wine tasting...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room as well as our service in general. It is always a pleasure for me to see some returning satisfied guests.

Thank you for letting me know for water pressure on the South Tower, I will check it with our maintenance staff.

I suggest you to try our Spa at the 25th floor during your next stay with us.

Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for a night for my brother's wedding. Very Cozy rooms and really good food. Excellent attention. Unfortunately, my fiancee forgot her wedding ring because I moved it from where she left it. Afterwards, we did the checkout. Three hours later, she realized she did not picked up her ring when we left. We came back and it was not where I put it. When I called asking for the ring they said they only had my collar, which I also forgot. It is very strange they did not called me as soon as they found the collar and I had to ask for it. Anyways, they did all the effort to locate the ring but it was not possible. My advice is to be careful with your personal belongings, specially the most valuable. It does not matter if it is the best hotel, bad things may happen, even losing your fiancee/wife's ring.
Another tip is to leave the valuables in the safety box. By doing this, you can claim the insurance for theft or any other sinister that may happen. Unfortunately I did not do this, so I cannot claim anything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing a review about us in TripAdvisor.

As I mentioned it to you during last conversation, an hotel cannot be held responsible for value items which are not kept in the free safe deposit box available in the room. By searching the room we found another jewelry (a gold necklace) which was left in the bed sheets, this would be a proof that our staff is honest.

As promised by phone, we opened the lavabo plumbing but unfortunately nothing was found. I tried to call you twice on your cellphone yesterday but I did not get any answer from you.

Best regards

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed her more than 6 times over past 18 months. Stay in new tower. Small pool. Gym is quite good. Breakfast is good - recommend going out to great restaurants in panama city for dinner. 858 lounge is cool to have dinner at the bar.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

As you already have been to our 2 restaurants, I suggest you to try our Spa at the 25th floor during your next stay with us.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was out third stay at this hotel in the past 3 years and the service and staff have only gotten better.
We recommend the new tower for a room location as these are modern with all the bells and whistles as well as a nice view of the city and historic areas.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

We hope to welcome you during your 4th visit to Panama!

Paramount, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Bristol Hotel ten-star of "Gorgeous" inside and out. I was so impressed with my room, I did not want to leave to go on a day of "WOW" sightseeing. I wanted to just stay in bed drinking coffee all day long. Oh lets not forget the drop dead bathroom that I could just pack up and take back home with me to California. The bathtub, I stayed in 2 hours with a good book, my roommate kept knocking on the door. LOL, I told her to go downstairs another priceless restroom.

I have to give a shot out to the Front Desk, Concierges and Housekeeping. If it was not for those Departments I would have ruined my trip before it could start. Bristol Hotel help me when my knee gave out on me, they went over the call of duty. I will never forget, because they fully accommodated me a foreigner and I
am for ever "Humble".

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests. I will pass over your comments to the department that you kindly wrote in your note.

Maybe should you come back, you'll have to try our Spa on the last floor next time

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Panama.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our first time to Panama city so we carefully researched all hotels. We have stayed in many hotels around the world and this is one of the best. Start with the staff. Very, Very friendly, efficient service. From check -in to check-out. I injured my knee and had to go to the emergency room and Wendy, the concierge made all of the arrangements. The front doormen and staff from the front desk all assisted in getting me to the Emergency Room. The 30 day free tourist medical care came in handy. Very comfortable room, close to many restaurants. View from the hotel could be better but that is minor. Enjoyed very friendly and efficient service in all of the hotel's restaurants. What makes this hotel is the staff and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe king for added comfort.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at Bristol Panama, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

I pass on to Wendy your positive comments as well as to the rest of the Front Desk staff.

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Panama and hope that you will try our Spa on the last floor where the view is exceptional.

Pierre Berthier

Been to Bristol Panama? Share your experiences!