“Not bad, but can be better” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #37 of 105 hotels in Panama City
Moscow, Russia
“Not bad, but can be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Pro:
+ Good location. On sea-front, between two old parts of city.
+ Spectacular view from room window on forest of skyscrapers.
+ Modern and functional design in the room.
+ Breakfast is ok, but i had breskfast better in this hotel chain.  Cook can make scrambled eggs with many ingredients.
+ Swimming pool with sunloungers and gym with not bad equipment.
+ Friendly hotel stuff
+ Free welcom drink for platinum member of PriorityClub.

Con:
- Paid internet (only in gym wifi is free!)
- Price for taxi is expensive than usual, if you ordert it in hotel.

In general this hotel is good. Can recommed you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jackvine P, Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Gosha,

Mr. Gosha thank you for taking the time to share with others your recent experience at InterContinental Miramar Panama. Thank you for letting us know in details everything you liked about our hotel, we are glad to know that our good location worked out pretty well for your needs, also the wonderful views and design of our rooms, not to mention the gym, the breakfast, pool the welcome drinks and our friendly staff. Our objective is to always offer customer service at its finest, so this review about our friendly staff is something I will have to make sure everybody knows.

In regards to some of the services of the hotel, it is important to mention that we do offer free Wi-Fi in the main areas like the lobby, lobby bar and restaurant for your convenience. About our taxi services yes is a little bit more than taking a public transportation, but the reason is that is a private service that offers safety and immediate response, than actually standing on the streets trying to look for one and not knowing the driver, so is just for the comfort of our guests, still you are always free to choose the way you would like to move around the city.

Thank you again Mr. Gosha for posting your review, I know this will help others to see we what we offer, and remember you will always have a second home with us, hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,

Quality Manager

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Ridgefield, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed here while on a recent trip to Panama. This hotel is on the strip where a large number of high rise building fill the skyline in sharp contrast to the old part of the city. The traffic patterns around the hotel are difficult to navigate unless a policemen is on duty to help you cross. The hotel is nicely designed and laid out. the rooms are large and comfortable, The pool area is large and at busy times lacks enough chairs. The towel guy is very friendly and will allow more than one towel per person. the dining room is large and roomy. For breakfast the buffet had a lot of options along with an egg station. dinner was either a buffet or you could order off a menu. I felt the buffet was pricey but the service when you ordered off the menu was extremely slow...One night we actually ordered food in the bar area and that came in a timely fashion. The bar is also roomy and tastefully decorated. There is a gym area and a large lobby area. My disappointments were with the room....the refrigerator didn't work so they brought one from another room. Frequently the maid forgot to leave towels, soap, toilet paper...nothing terrible but I felt that they should have had a checklist of what they needed to be sure each room had.
The hotel was in walking distance to a supermarket and also to several nice restaurants. Overall, I feel this hotel is a good choice if staying in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Larken Ridgefield CT,

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

First of all, thank you for taking some minutes of your valuable time and submitting your reviews about your recent stay with us. It is really nice to see how you took the time to actually see and try everything we offer, all the way from our location, restaurant, the bar, the gym, our rooms view and the pool, but not only that, but the effort of taking those beautiful pictures to show others about our hotel, is something that is really appreciated!. I will make sure to pass this review to all of our hotel staff, so they know how much you enjoyed your stay.

Regarding some of the issues you experienced, especially with the service at the restaurant and housekeeping not double checking what you might be missing, I would like to apology, and thank you for letting us realize what areas we need to take more corrective actions. These are the reviews that help us grow and improve, not only by highlighting all of the good things but also the not that satisfying moments.

Thank you again for letting people know and see how much you enjoyed your recent stay at InterContinental Miramar Panama, now you have a second home, so we hope we can keep on having you as a guest in your next visit to Panama City and show you our improvements.

Thank you and see you soon!

Quality Manager
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed for a night for a business conference in March of 2013. Nice hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Very nice, quiet comfortable room with the views of Panama City skyline .Issue: no hot water. As in, not even warm. For both days, so hardly a one off event. A lot of competition in Panama City these days, so, guys, step it up a notch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jackvine P, Quality Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear wrldtravlrLosAngeles,

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, all the way from the quite atmosphere, the comfortable rooms, the wonderful view of Panama City and the friendly service provided by our staff, I will make sure they know you have taken your time to post a review about how helpful they were.

Thank you remarking the good things and also the issues you faced during your stay, on behalf of InterContinental team I would like to apology for the inconveniences of not having hot water and the issues that may have caused you, we will make sure that this won’t happen again in your next visit to InterContinental Miramar.

See you next time!
Warm Regards
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at Intercontinental Miramar in February of 2013. While the hotel is fine, it's nothing special. The hotel itself is a bit shabby and run down and could use an overall renovation. However, the rooms are clean which is the most important thing in my opinion. Additionally, the hotel has only 2 elevators for 25 floors of rooms, which meant there were always long waits, and sometimes long lines for the elevators.

The pool is VERY nice, it's clean and refreshing and there are lots of chairs and umbrellas. The deck and pool are very clean and it was a nice way to pass an afternoon.

The issues I had with the hotel were related to the service at this property - I had two very bad experiences with the staff there. The first issue occurred my first night in the hotel - the parking lot next to the hotel was the host to a large contingent of people who were very loud. Playing loud music, bass was shaking my room on the 7th floor, honking horns, screaming, etc. This went on for hours and around 11pm, I called down to the front desk to try to ask a question about whether or not they knew what the noise was, whether they had any idea what it was related to or if they knew when it would end. I realized that this was not on hotel property and they couldn't control it, but I was hoping they could shed some light onto what was going on. The second I mentioned the noise outside, the person at the front desk replied "I can't control the noise outside" and hung up the phone on me. The second issue occurred by the pool - they have several staff walking around taking drink/food orders at the pool. I flagged down a waiter and asked for a strawberry daquiri. He didn't understand me and said "no English" so I tried my less than stellar Spanish with daquiri fresa. He still didn't understand and walked away. I took that to mean that he was going to either get 1) a menu or 2) a person who could speak English. After about 15 minutes, he came back by me with an order for another table and I waves him over. He just shook his head at me, said "no English" and walked away again and never came back.

I understand that not everyone speaks English and that I was in a country where the primary language is Spanish. I'm not offended that he couldn't understand me. My concern is that he didn't even try to and in a service industry, that's not what I'd expect.

I did bring these two issues up with IHG and they did promise to address it with the hotel.

Finally, the breakfast buffet was OK - it was the same every day but there was a fairly large variety of food. Nothing stellar, but not bad either. I also did a la carte for lunch, and that was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JoseManuelRivas, Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Miss laydenredd,

Firstly, thank you for taking your valuable time to submit your comments and reviews of your recent stay in Intercontinental Miramar Panama. I am glad to hear that the cleanliness in the public areas and especially in your room was something you really appreciated; I will let the housekeeping staff know all of this good comments, so that they know their work is noticed and appreciated not only by us but by our guests. We are pleased that you got the time to enjoy our beautiful pool and pool area, as well as a la carte menu from the restaurant Bay View, always trying to give our guests the best; I will let the restaurant staff knows how satisfied you were.

Regarding some of the issues you experienced with us during your stay, I want to extend my further apologies and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, our vision is providing the best guest experience possible, and we will take the necessary steps to continuously improve our product and services.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us, your business is valued and we look forward to making your future stays with us the best ever.
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

When l arrived at this hotel, l was informed that my reservation had been canceled. My company had made resos for 4 people -- 2 arriving on Sunday and 2 on Monday. l was informed that my room was canceled and the room rented to another guest because l was a 'no show' for Sunday. l explained that l was never arriving on Sunday and that we did have 2 guys arrive on Sunday. After nearly an hour of waiting and requesting to speak to the hotel mgr, l was finally told by the front desk that they had "found" me a room [...not a great room, no view, the mini-fridge didn't work, and there was no ice machine on the floor -- but at least it had a bed!]. Anyway, l thought everything was worked out, but then when l checked out the front desk charged me over $210 for the 'no show' date of Sunday!!! l was outraged and l will never stay at this hotel again! l will tell all of my colleagues not to stay there. Usually l have good service from Int'cont., but not this time! Very, very disappointed.

Room Tip: They blamed my sec'y for booking the resos online instead of thru the hotel directly [...but rea...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JoseManuelRivas, Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate you have taken the time, to bring this matter to our attention. We’ve been investigating about this situation, and we were able to notice that your reservations were made through the webpage Google Gbr Search. It is important to inform you that our reservations department, do not take any actions in the information your company gave trough the site. We just receive the reservations already made, if there was a mistake in the arrival date, this one came from the person in charge of making the reservation in the company.

We are really sorry that the reservations were made with the wrong dates that we had to charge the No Show. In this occasion the hotel was at its full capacity, trying to meet your necessities we were able to get you a comfortable room, so that you could enjoy staying with us. We are sorry this effort didn’t meet your expectations.

Just to clarify, all of our rooms have excellent views, some of them to the Pacific ocean and the one you were in, has a view to the beautiful natural and ecological Hurraca park. About the Ice machine, we do have it in different floors of the hotel, also if you don’t feel like walking to get it, for your comfort you are more than welcome to call Instant Service 24hrs and they will bring it up to your room.

Thank you again dear guest, for taking your time to let us know your experience with us, you will always be invited to Int. Miramar in your next visit to Panama City.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The room was very simple, I am used to other Intercontinental with very cosy rooms and nice furniture, this was definitely not the case. Obviously it used to be smokers room, because we could smell it everywhere. Restaurant downstairs was very poor, stuff wasn't botherd speaking english ......hey guys wake up, not whole wolrd speak automaticaly Spanish especially not people from Central Europe . . . .. . .the menu wasn't special either, I had pasta and it was bellow average. Overall if you can, book some other place, this is not the money worth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JoseManuelRivas, Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear costumer, we appreciate your comments and also we want to thank you for taking the time to make a review about our hotel.

Our goal is to provide high quality of goods and service. That is way much of our staff speak English.

I think it is a good opportunity let you know that our hotel is split onto sections; section A Classical Rooms and the section B Modern Rooms. We want to invite you to visit us again, so that we can offer you a room that meets the qualities that you expect.

Also, we have a full restaurant menu, apart from this we offer buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a surprise! Not only is Panama City a vibrant, bustling, energetic city, but the InterContinental Miramar Panama Hotel is a sophisticated and upscale facility. The rooms are well-designed, comfortable, and quiet; the amenities are high-quality, and the hotel, restaurant, and lounge service is good. Location along Panama Bay is convenient to designer shopping, local markets, and the colonial old town of Casco Viejo.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the Pacific Ocean - fantastic view of the Ocean, the ships queuing for the Pan...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JoseManuelRivas, Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear guest, we want to thank for your lovely comments about the Panama City and the Intercontinental Miramar Panma Hotel.

It´s extremely important to know, that your experience with the InterContinental Hotel Miramar was good at all.

Thank you once again and we hope to be your host in your next visit to Panama City. See you soon.

Been to InterContinental Miramar Panama? Share your experiences!