We stayed here while on a recent trip to Panama. This hotel is on the strip where a large number of high rise building fill the skyline in sharp contrast to the old part of the city. The traffic patterns around the hotel are difficult to navigate unless a policemen is on duty to help you cross. The hotel is nicely designed and laid out. the rooms are large and comfortable, The pool area is large and at busy times lacks enough chairs. The towel guy is very friendly and will allow more than one towel per person. the dining room is large and roomy. For breakfast the buffet had a lot of options along with an egg station. dinner was either a buffet or you could order off a menu. I felt the buffet was pricey but the service when you ordered off the menu was extremely slow...One night we actually ordered food in the bar area and that came in a timely fashion. The bar is also roomy and tastefully decorated. There is a gym area and a large lobby area. My disappointments were with the room....the refrigerator didn't work so they brought one from another room. Frequently the maid forgot to leave towels, soap, toilet paper...nothing terrible but I felt that they should have had a checklist of what they needed to be sure each room had.
The hotel was in walking distance to a supermarket and also to several nice restaurants. Overall, I feel this hotel is a good choice if staying in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Panama Bay and the financial district, this luxury Panama City hotel is ideal for business or leisure. Boasting spacious ocean view suites and a scenic walkway that takes you direct to the marina, the hotel is the perfect spot for watching vessels as they enter the famed Panama Canal. Relax at our poolside restaurant or indulge in a spa treatment. You're ideally located for designer shopping and local markets or exploring the colonial old town of Casco Viejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Miramar Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama City
- InterContinental Miramar Panama Panama City