I've stayed at the Intercontinental in other cities and it was fine, so I thought that it would be the same in Panama City. The view if good, if you like looking at 5 lane traffic in 2 directions. I was on the club floor. There is no bathtub, the thermostat for the air conditioning was non-functioning (either on or off, no temperature control), the shallow sink didn't have a stopper so I couldn't wash my clothes. There was only one bathrobe in a room for 2 people, and it took 3 phone calls to the "instant service" holine to get another one. The scale in the bathroom didn't work. It took another 3 phone calls to make it operational. The hotel has its own overpriced car service and doesn't allow regular taxis to enter its driveway to take passengers, so we had to go out on the highway to get our own taxi. The hotel service charges $25 for a $10 taxi ride. The staff is mostly unresponsive to these issues. I would never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Miramar Panama epitomizes the capital's cosmopolitan style with a striking tower in the financial district. Views of the Pacific Ocean showcase vessels coming through the Panama Canal, which is only eight kilometres (five miles) away. The main shopping malls, Atlapa Convention Centre and Casco Viejo (the old city) are within close reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Miramar Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama City
- InterContinental Miramar Panama Panama City