the latest review before mine has is right on. We are here right now and are so majorly disappointed. We are staying for two weeks and we can't wait for it to be up, because the hotel is so lacking. Our arrival was so good. One of the staff, Omar, greeted us with a friendly and welcoming smile, and took us to the check-in counter, where they had to hunt down our reservation - which had been buried on someone's desk. Omar has been the bright spot on our stay, even though we have only had contact with him on the first day.
1. We have had to walk up to bartenders and ask them to serve us, even though there were no other people in the bar. They were busy talking amount themselves instead of paying attention to the room. This happened twice in one day.
2. When we went to the buffet the first night and asked if there was a restaurant where we could just get a hamburger, she said no. Today we found the pool bar serves it. But when we went to the pool bar, I had to stop someone to find out if we needed to be seated. He pointed and then left us, not to return until we left the table and went to the bar and asked a manager for help. It was a most disconcerting experience. The food was good, but what a bad experience. I feel like we are inconveniencing the staff by being here.
3. Each day our room is cleaned, but each day we ask that the cleaning person take our glasses away that we have brought to the room. We now have enough to have a party. But we have yet to get a full supply of towels, and who knows if they even have wash cloths in this place. The rooms are large and very comfortable, a bit stark, but edgy is the theme here.
If you read my reviews of other places we stay, you will see that I am not a complainer. We are greatly disappointed in this hotel and doubly so because we are owners here. We love Panama and hope that the future of this hotel will improve so that our investment is worthwhile. How can I recommend this when I know that the hotel next door far exceeds this one in service?
I am not saying that all staff are lacking because we have had a few who were exceptional, or very good at their job, but the ones that are not, make all look bad.
I will say that the view cannot be duplicated - amazing from our room.
The hotel is across the street from the Multicentre Plaza Mall, so there is shopping, food court and casino connected to the hotel by enclosed walkway. On the other side of the mall is the bus stop for the Hop On Hop Off bus, which goes throughout Panama City (including the Panama Canal). The hotel is close to the banking center as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Latin America's hottest destinations just got even hotter. In the heart of Panama you will find the spectacular Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis. This breath taking sixty-six story tower invites you to come and experience where rock star service meets urban chic design - all infused with the passion and irreverence of rock 'n' roll.Located just a few miles from the Panama Canal, this Hard Rock Hotel puts you center stage with breathtaking panoramic views of the city and the Panama Bay.Live like a true rock star in one of our 1453 stylish rooms and suites, then come experience our five exciting bars and four tantalizing restaurants, Ciao, Tauro, Soy, Bazaar. Relax in our Rock Spa(R) or soak in the sun at our infinity pool cabanas.Want more? The hotel is just steps away from MultiCentro Mall and Majestic Casino, offering amazing shopping, restaurants, bars, convention center, and movie theater.The show is about start...Are you ready? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis Panama City