I stayed in the hotel end of March for a Bankers meetings and the hotel had just opened. A total disappointment for a Waldorf Astoria. Here are a few notable comments:
1. Location. Weird. While central and close to Ave. Balboa and happening Uruguay street, the hotel is in on a side street surrounded by middle class residential buildings built in the 80s. Not the location you would expect for a Waldorf. No fancy shops, no fancy restaurants, just an abandoned kindergarden and a carwash.
2. Decor. The hotel is brand new and it looks OK... if you are used to Sheratons and Crowne Plazas. It has nice furniture, but not luxurious. While they have used some granites and marbles, they have cheap looking plastic walls in the lobby and restaurant.
3. Service. Staff is extremely cordial and well mannered... but as many new hotels, they are just lost. Restaurant service the first day took two hours to get our main meal (we were a table of 10). Check in took 20 minutes (but at least they had a smile).
4. Food. Salt, Salt, Salt. I ate there two times. Both times with large dinner parties. Food is so ridicuosly salty, both times more than half the people in our parties had to send the food back because it was so salty (it happened with different dishes, including my very dissapoiting cobb salad).
5. Rooms. Nice and spacious. Liked the bathrooms a lot... but the views are terrible. You are overlooking into other people´s apartments.
6. Pool area.The pool once again overlooks these terrible older apartments and the pool itself is a cream color (?). Looks aweful.
Overall, the hotel looks like an apartments building that the Waldorf Astoria name was forced upon. You if you are looking true good hotel experience in Panama, there are so many better options nowadays. Le Meridien or Trump are the best in town, and even the older Bristol or InterContinental offer a much nicer product than this Waldorf wannabe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waldorf Astoria Panama is conveniently located on Calle Uruguay, a vibrant street known for its entertainment and restaurants, and only within steps from the financial banking center. This new hotel jewel will feature 248 guestrooms, suites and luxury residences as well as an array of culinary options to serve the most exquisite palates. Cozy meeting rooms will accommodate an intimate business gathering or a memorable social event. A spacious and comforting area awaits you at the Waldorf Astoria Spa, an oasis of relaxation adjacent to a large exercise area by Life Fitness and a shimmering pool where you will enjoy the beautiful sun rays or a beautiful starred night next to a cozy shade. Your guests will certainly enjoy inviting facilities with sophisticated furnishings and an ample number of restaurants and activities within the hotel, as well as experience the sincerest definition of personalized service while living the True Waldorf Service, which aims to offer guests luxury attention during a memorable stay in Panama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Panama Panama City