“Good Mexican” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Masaya, Nicaragua
“Good Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The quality I have to admit was very good. Service is still lacking some polish. The Guacamole, although a little tacky (for making it right in front of you in little carts) is very good, although they dont put Lime (you have to request it). The tortilla soup was Amazing, and the Queso Fundido is a must with the Guacamole ..

In general, it was a very good dinning experience, It has good parking right next to it also.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Panama City
“Yummy Mexican, but pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We were very happy that a decent Mexican restaurant finally opened in Panama. It's been very busy since they opened, but the space is large and they have ample parking (and valet).

We had the guacamole appetizer which was pretty tasty, although not spicy enough (we ordered it spicy), missing some lime juice and too salty. We liked that it was served in a mortar (minus the pestle), although the spoon they served it with was a way to big. Overall pretty yummy though.

The drinks were tasty, but very expensive. In fact, everything was very expensive (especially for Panama).

We also had the fajitas and a salad. All was fresh overall the food was very good.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Surprisingly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We had walked past and were not sure if it was a restaurant and if it were open.
Next time we ventured in a little further and were pleasantly surprised.
This restaurant was only recently opened it turned out.
The decor is modern but very original and beautiful and a great background.
Service was excellent as was the food.
We were surprised that the guacamole was skilfully prepared at the table. Great. I must admit that we had never seen this before but maybe Americans know all about it as the Rosa Mexicano seems to be a chain of restaurants in America.
My Latin protests a little against the O of Mexicano but you probably know better.
I would go there again. Good food. Plentiful (too much). Reasonably prices, though not the cheapest.
Anything negative? I would not want to eat Mexican food more than once a month but I would certainly go back here

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Panama City, Panama
“Beware of the Dress Code!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife & I live on an absolutely terrific street here in Panama City Panama. A Waldorf Astoria brand hotel (Panamera) is being built right across the street from us and our apartment is less than one block away from Uruguay steet & the ever popular Market Restuarant.

Today my wife & I planned to meet friends at a brand new restaurant that just opened within a short walking distance - Rosa Mexicano.

Our friends arrived at Rosa Mexicano shortly before we did and when we arrived our friends advised us that we needed to have our lunch in the bar area or outside - we could NOT enter the dining room.

My wife speaks some Spanish & she asked one of the wait staff why we couldn't eat in the dining room. Something may have been lost in translation but we were informed that the problem was that my friend was wearing sandals. Apparently Rosa Mexicano allows women to have open toes but NOT men.

Never in my wildest greams did I ever think that I would have submitted a Tripadvisor review that included my opinion of a restaurant with a discussion of a male friend's feet in the same conversation, but it is what it is!

Be it as it may we would have eaten in the bar area except for the fact that it was very noisy there... not because the restaurant was busy (we were the only ones there in the bar area) but the music was blarring! Also the table we were seated at was not level. With the noise we couldn't even hear each other & so we decided to leave and just walk over to the Market Restaurant.

Oh yea before leaving my wife noticed that the price of a taco was $17.00 which I would say is defitely somewhat pricey.

Visited February 2012