“A must see in Panama City” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Markham, Canada
“A must see in Panama City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We visited this place July 2013 and we had the chance to meet and greet the boxing legend Roberto "Mano de Piedra" Duran. This was a priceless expirience and also had a chance to view an excellent collection of memoribilia that is set up across the walls. The food was great, we had the garlic clams, shrimps and calamari! Pricing is very reasonable, a must see place!

• Visited July 2013

Tampa, Florida
“GREAT PLACE DRINKS AND APPETIZERS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This restaurant was located on the same block as my hotel. I enjoyed the atmosphere, live music (Friday and Saturdays), and food. Reservation are accepted so you may want to reserve a table Friday and Saturdays when it gets the most crowded. The best part is that Former Boxing Champion and Restaurant Owner Roberto Duran comes around to greet every patron and also allows photos for your memoir. I will visit here again when I return to Panama City.

• Visited August 2012
Omemee, Canada
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

If you are a boxing fan, you will enjoy this restaurant. It helps if you speak Spanish, but you could get by without it. The memorabilia in the restaurant is awesome. The food is pretty good for Panama. The atmosphere was good and the service was excellent! We would return if we could.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Very good food, super friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We took our kids here partly hoping to meet Roberto Duran but also because I remember my Dad and Grandfather watching the Duran - Leonard fights back in the day. Although we didn't get lucky enough to see him in person, the restaurant is still a great place to try.

It is done up in memorabilia from his boxing days, belts are hanging, shorts he wore, gloves, paintings, pictures, and there are tv's that show a bunch of his famous fights.

The service is very friendly and although they speak virtually only Spanish they have English menus.

We all had steaks. I had a ribeye that was very good, with pepper sauce. My son had the skirt steak that was seasoned with garlic and parsley, he ordered the best one for sure, if I went back I would order that. My wife had a filet and my oldest had the chicken fingers which he pronounced best he ever had.

A great place to try for something different.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago
“Boxing Legend and Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I recently went there for some drinks during a stop in Panama City. Being a huge boxing fan, I was hoping to see the memorabilia. To my surprise, as soon as we entered, there was Roberto singing with a band. He was actually pretty good.

The place is small and usually packed, but the waitress seated us right away. The prices were reasonable and the appetizers we had were very good. People were dancing all night long, and the place appeared to be full of locals, which gave it a great vibe. Roberto walked around to every table, and he took pictures with everyone. All in all, it was a fun time.

• Visited May 2013