Our party of 18 checked in to the Westin Playa Bonita after a delightful stay at the Gamboa Rain Forest Resort. The Westin is a beautiful property located on the Pacific side of Panama City. As you enter the glass enclosed lobby the view of the infinity pool and the Pacific Ocean is amazing. As I said the property is amazing, the grounds are well kept, the pool area is well maintained, and the rooms are modern and roomy. As most of these reviews state the ocean view rooms have the best views and the garden side rooms look out onto a old bus parking yard, full of old retired buses.
When we finally checked in we had a few problems, some of the rooms were not ready and a few of the rooms that were ready we're dirty. The front desk promised to have the room cleaned immediately, it took several requests but they eventually upgraded the room cause they never were able to have it cleaned.
We went the route of the all inclusive package since there were so many of us but I would not recommend that plan. It works well for drinks and refreshments but not for the food. The food is all buffet style, there's plenty of it but after a few meals it all begins to taste the same. It would have been great to eat in one of the several restaurants on the property.
Overall service is okay, but I found that tipping will definitely get you priority attention. Service at the buffets is not as good. The person who manages your table, getting you drinks etc, are good but the staff responsible for ensuring they replace empty food trays work at their own speed. One evening I waited about 20 minutes for a replacement dish.
As I stated earlier I do recommend the hotel, its location is ideal, the gym/spa is great, the grounds and pool are very relaxing. One thing to note that Spanish is primarily spoken by the staff with few seeming able to speak English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The personification of the destination: Where natural serenity meets industrial glamour - Westin Playa Bonita Panama is strategically located alongside the Pacific Ocean, on a mile long stretch of golden sand on Playa Bonita Beach, surrounded by lush tropical rainforests, and a quick 20-minute drive from the metropolitan capital of Panama City. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, The Westin Playa Bonita is near celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and just a 20-minute drive from Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Media 8, Inc., Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Westin Playa Bonita Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Hotel Panama City
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Panama City